¿qué tú hace? | SpanishDict Answers

¿qué tú hace?..........I assumes it means what are you doing when someone asks me that, but is it correct to ¿qué tú haciendo? or is 'qué tú hace ' correct if you're asking 'what are you doing? I thought we are supposed to use the progressive ending?

what are you doing? => ¿qué estás haciendo? you use another present tense. you are right

Welcome to the forumsmile

We often use the present simple in this context:

¿Qué haces? What are you doing?

The structure given by you is unusual in Spain. Grammatically is is wrong, it should be:

¿Qué haces tú?

• so , I guess when I am asked that, it's kind of like 'american-spanish slang?' I hear so many phrases that are grammatically incorrect!! - lachicacafe1 Nov 21, 2010 flag
  • It's not like slang, it's just wrong. It would be like asking "What does you?" - samdie Nov 22, 2010 flag