How can you say "Waiter, can you please bring me the bill?" (restaurant) in Spanish? is it something along the lines of "¿Me puede traer la cuenta, por favor?" | SpanishDict Answers

I need to know how to address the waiter too.

Although it is always good to be able to speak to waiters, let us not forget that you can give the waiter "the universal sign of la cuenta," which is signing your name to the imaginary credit card bill in the air.

As soon as you make eye contact with your waiter, even across the room, and you give him "the universal sign of la cuenta," he will bring your bill to you without a word being spoken.

Sometimes it is a relief to not have to speak.

Informally you could just say La cuenta, por favor. That has always worked for me and no one has ever corrected me.

I'd say, Favor de traerme la cuenta, or just La cuenta, por favor. "Waiter" varies from place to place, usually mesero or camarero.

• 'Favor de traerme..' also varies from place to place.. "La cuenta, por favor" is probably universal - bill1111 Nov 15, 2010 flag

That's what I was doing wrong.... "hey you, come here!!" smile Pieman, good advice here. wink Welcome to the forum, stick around, learn, and meet great people!!

I just need to know how to address the waiter....could you just put el mesero before the question?

Like I say, it's regional - mesero or camarero, depending on where you are. Señor works. Never, ever snap your fingers and say, ¡PSSST! That seems to annoy them.

• Yes, snaping or saying PSSST does annoy... You could say Oye (pronounced O yay)... It is like saying Hey you... So Oye Senor, la cuenta por favor. - kerflop Nov 15, 2010 flag

I would advise you to use /recommend that you use señor/señora/ita when you are talking them directly and also preferably to gain their attention, combined with eye- contact, or a wave in their direction too as this is usually more effective. Using señor is more respectful but I believe that camamero is the most common term for a waiter in Spain

¿Señor,traiga la cuenta, por favor?

You could also say;

¿Señor, me trae la cuenta, por favor?

¿Señor,podría traerme la cuenta, por favor?

If you know the waiter very well as a regular visitor to a restuarant you may be invited or even encouraged to address them by name but this only should really be by invitation.

I hope this helps grin

"¿me cobra ,por favor?" o también "¿por favor,me cobra?" ¿Me traes la cuenta,por favor? ( o "¿me trae la cuenta,por favor?" si quieres tratar de usted al camarero).El llamarle "camarero" yo no lo suelo hacerlo, al igual que si entro en un taxi, tampoco le digo:Taxista,lléveme al aeropuerto. Y ya más informal: ¿qué te debo?(=¿que cantidad de dinero te debo?) ¿qué te doy?(= ¿que cantidad de dinero te doy?)

• The only meaningful comment here. All those "Señor, traiga la cuenta, por favor" and "Perdon, podria usted..." are total bull****, only tourists speak like that - vitalyi May 28, 2014 flag

Thanks for all your help guys! I just need to know how to address the waiter....could you just put el mesero before the question?

¿Me puedes (puede- formal) darme la cuenta? can you give me the bill?

• you either have the "me" before "puedes" or at the end of "dar", not the both places.. - bunnaz Nov 15, 2010 flag

Camerero/a, me trae la cuenta por favor. Waiter/waitress bring me the bill please and if you want to tip him/her say Quedarse con el cambio. Keep the change.

Thank you all! Kenwilliams, Would you say traigo, or just trae, like what does trae mean? I know traer is to bring, so is trae conjugated correctly?

• yes it is conjugated corectly - d3von Nov 15, 2010 flag
  • Thanks! - pieman34 Nov 15, 2010 flag
  • Yes you are using third person congugation usted form, traigo means I bring so this would be wrong when you are addressing the waiter. - kenwilliams Nov 15, 2010 flag

you could also say "Me falta un cuenta, por favor."

• Esa frase no tiene sentido d3von - lukaaxx Nov 15, 2010 flag