My profe is from Spain and I would like to say it the best way possible. For example, "Calatrava asistió escuelas primarias y secundarias en Valencia." Thanks smile

If Primary School is the same thing as Middle School you could say la escuela intermida.

To say Highschool in Spanish you would say la escuela secundaria.

The best way to say it is simpler than you think:

Primary school: Escuela primaria

Secondary school: Escuela secundaria

In your example you don't have to write them as plurals, only if you mean that he studied in several schools; the right way of your example would be :

Calatrava asistió a la escuela primaria y secundaria en Valencia.

You might be interested in this thread which contains a description by a native of Barcelona.

las escuelas de España

• Educacion primaria (obligatoria): hasta los 12 años
    • Educacion secundaria obligatoria (ESO, 4 años): 13- 16 años
    • Bachillerato (2 años): 17-18 años
    • Universidad
  • These leaves me confused as to what years el colegio covers (just the Bachillerato?) or is the term colegio not used in Spain.

Hello dear

My name is queen(single). I was impressed when i saw your profile today at and i will like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through this my private e-mail box(queensamale46@yahoo.com) Thanks waiting to hear from you soon. queen I will send to you my pictures in my next mail through this my mail box

queensamale46@yahoo.com