its so buzzy !!!

• just practice! you'll get used to it ;) - 0097f7e0 Nov 6, 2010 flag
  • Use them in sentences over and over and over - Stadt Nov 6, 2010 flag

Here's some of the techniques I use:

• since I'm a visual learner, I write each verb and conjugations on a blank sheet of paper I keep in a bound binder. I started by writing all the verbs I used most frequently. Unfortunately, the most common verbs are irregular, but writing the conjugations and verbs helps me to visualize the verb as I construct my sentence. As my vocabulary grows, I write new verbs and conjugations in the notebook.
  • in the beginning, at least, concentrate on the present, preterit, and progressive tenses. I've found most simple conversations can be constructed with these tenses. You can expand to the other tenses, but I've found that learning a little at a time works for me.
  • get involved in a community of people who speak Spanish, but are willing to correct you when you make mistakes.

I hope that helps. I haven't found an easy way.

Just practice, practice, practice!! There is no real easy way. Perhaps you could make up a song or find a song on Youtube or another video website.

An example of lyrics for a song that I've just made concerning the regular present indicative for the stem endings (it's quite weird, and a bit stupid really, but it helps me remember!!):

An a to the r = o, as, a. An a to the r= amos, aís, an.

An e to to the r, like ir, (echo like ir).....o, es, e, emos, eís, en.*

Each ending is punctuated by a similar drumbeat. Its weird, I know.....

But that's just me......weird.

Figure out whether you learn more with your eyes, your ears, or your body (how something feels to your hands or mouth, etc). Then practice as much as possible using the modality that helps most. The following are some suggestions depending on how you learn best.

If you learn best with your eyes, read and write conjugations. Even though Spanish speakers don't usually use subject pronouns, you should when you practice, unless you want to use proper nouns like names. This will help you associate the endings with the right subject. Use words like ayer for the simple past, este semana for the present perfect, etc, also to associate the conjugation with the right tense. There are a few sites online that have verb conjugation drills. These would be good to do because you can type and see the forms faster than writing on paper. Also, use flash cards or describe pictures. Color code word roots by category or endings by person or number.

If you learn best with your ears, use the audio flash cards and listen as much as you can. Make recordings of verbs and their conjugations along with cue words like I described above (ella or Maria, ayer or ahora). Play them back over and over until you can say them without effort. Listen to the videos in Spanish newspapers when you get a good enough you can pick out words from their talk.

If you are the kinesthetic type of learner, you can write out conjugations on paper in big letters, saying them outloud the whole time. Act out the verbs as you say them in present or progressive tense. When you finish the movement, say them in the past.

Regardless of which way works best, after practicing for some time, start talking to people in Spanish! Let them correct you and correct yourself according to their feedback, immediately, out loud, and even write it down if that helps.

I hope this helps.

The easiest way that I know is to use charts.

-AR 

yo------------> -o -amos

keep practicing saying it as much as you can

smile))))