See you on Wednesday | SpanishDict Answers

See you on Wednesday

Until Wednesday

When I want to say goodbye and I do not see the other person until Wednesday, can I say both of these expressions?.

Thank you.

• ... and I won't see the other person ... - samdie Oct 22, 2010 flag

Yes, they both will work.

"Until Wednesday" is more formal. I might use that if I made an appointment for the Doctors or a hair cut.

Between friends, or in a situation where I see someone every Wednesday, I would say "Bye. See you Wednesday". The 'on' is optional, but correct.

Yes Nila you can say both.

The "Until Wednesday" of course is a literal translation from Spanish and would probably be "See you Wednesday, then" or "See you Wednesday, right?"

• Well, Ian. Is "until Wednesday" an expression used in England as well? - nila45 Oct 22, 2010 flag
  • Yes but often with another word on the end. - ian-hill Oct 22, 2010 flag

The only thing that is informal about "See you on Wednesday" is the omission of the subject. It is perfectly formal to say "I will see you on Wednesday" or "I'll see you on Wednesday." The expression "Until Wednesday" is a sentence fragment and is therefore not formal.

Good morning, Nila.

All of these are correct and very common:

1) I'll see you Wednesday

2) See you on Wednesday

3) Until Wednesday

See you on Wednesday

See you Wednesday

I'll see you on Wednesday

I'll see you Wednesday

Until Wednesday

Are all of them correct?