What's the meaning of the Spanish "La maza"? | SpanishDict Answers

The phrase is used in a song "La maza".. I cannot find it in any dictionary. Any idea? Is it related to the English "maze"?

(La maza lyrics) Link won't post correctly.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Mercedes Sosa Lyrics/La Maza Lyrics.html

If you only heard it, perhaps it was la masa.

¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome to the forum.

• darn it Quentin, that wasn't there when I started typing lol :p - Kiwi-Girl Oct 19, 2010 flag
  • Any way that the answer gets posted. That's all that matters. - 0074b507 Oct 19, 2010 flag

Perhaps it's this song?

LA MAZA-SILVIO RODRÍGUEZ/ also - Mercedes Sosa

The mallet

Si no creyera en la locura If i didn’t believe in the madness de la garganta del sinsonte Of the neck of the bird “sinsonte” si no creyera que en el monte If i didn’t believe that in the mountain se esconde el trino y la pavura. Is hiding the trill and the dread Si no creyera en la balanza If i didn’t believe in the scales en la razón del equilibrio In the reason of balance si no creyera en el delirio If i didn’t believe in the delirium si no creyera en la esperanza. If i didn’t believe in the hope Si no creyera en lo que agencio If i didn’t believe in what i achieve with skill si no creyera en mi camino If i didn’t believe in my road si no creyera en mi sonido If i didn’t believe in my sound si no creyera en mi silencio. If i didn’t believe in my silence

que cosa fuera What would be que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera What would be the mallet without quarry (to cut out stone) un amasijo hecho de cuerdas y tendones A mix made of ropes and tendons un revoltijo de carne con madera A mess of flash with wood un instrumento sin mejores resplandores An instrument without better gleams que lucecitas montadas para escena Than small lights getting on to the scene que cosa fuera -corazon- que cosa fuera What would be- my heart- what would be que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera What would be the mallet without quarry (to cut out stone) un testaferro del traidor de los aplausos A figurehead of the traitor of the applauses un servidor de pasado en copa nueva A servant of the past in new cup un eternizador de dioses del ocaso A perpetuator of declining goddesses jubilo hervido con trapo y lentejuela An exultation boiled with cloth and sequin que cosa fuera -corazon- que cosa fuera What would be- my heart- what would be que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera What would be the mallet without quarry (to cut out stone) que cosa fuera -corazon- que cosa fuera What would be- my heart- what would be que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera. What would be the mallet without quarry (to cut out stone)

Si no creyera en lo mas duro If i didn’t believe in the most cruel si no creyera en el deseo If i didn’t believe in the desire si no creyera en lo que creo If i didn’t believe in what i believe si no ceyera en algo puro. If i didn’t believe in something pure Si no creyera en cada herida If i didn’t believe in every wound si no creyera en la que ronde If i didn’t believe in what comes around si no creyera en lo que esconde If i didn’t believe in what hides behind hacerse hermano de la vida. Making oneself brother with life Si no creyera en quien me escucha If i didn’t believe in whoever listens to me si no creyera en lo que duele If i didn’t believe in what hurts si no creyera en lo que queda If i didn’t believe in what stays si no creyera en lo que lucha. If i didn’t believe in what fights Que cosa fuera... What would be…

• This from the SD dictionary http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/maza - Kiwi-Girl Oct 19, 2010 flag
  • Maria-Claire you are great! Muchas Gracias :-) - suanek Oct 19, 2010 flag
  • de nada :) - Kiwi-Girl Oct 19, 2010 flag