hey como se dice en ingles " cria cuervos y te sacaran los ojos" los americanos tienen un dicho igual? o tienen uno con otras palabras, pero que significa lo mismo

This is in our Phrasebook.

Don't bite the hands that feed you.

• That's not really a good translation of that saying to be honest. "Cría cuervos.." doesn't really mean "do not to offend the people who pay or support you"; it means something like "the people that you raise/support sometimes become most ungrateful" - bill1111 Oct 14, 2010 flag
  • Yes, I thought so, too. Cria cuervos... has the tone of criticism, while Don't bite... is advice about gratitude. - pesta Oct 14, 2010 flag
  • Exactly. "Cría.. " is usually said when you discover that a former protegee has stabbed you in the back, for example. - bill1111 Oct 14, 2010 flag
  • the English saying is addressing to the crow, lol. ´Don´t peck the eyes of the one that raised you´ - mediterrunio Oct 14, 2010 flag

Don't bite the hands that feed you. en español esa la traducimos como " no muerdas la mano que te da de comer" creo q es diferente de la que busco, pero igual gracias

Once I found a book that rendered it as:

Mind that you don´t lavish your gifts upon the ungrateful.

But I don´t know if that´s al old English saying, and it´s definitley not as colourful as the menacing crows.

Another version, even more naive, says it´s:

You've made your bed, now you must lie in it. gulp (Source: A Spanish-English Dictionary (Granada University, Spain)

Update: qfreed helped me to find out what, in my opinion, is the best choice so far to render ´cría cuervos´: ---> ¨no good deed goes unpunished¨

Performing a small search I found this : "raise crows and lose the corn rows".

I don't really know if this is a common saying, but the meaning is pretty close to me.

• Never heard it before but it ref;ects the meaning. - samdie Oct 14, 2010 flag

Possibly, "Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas." The general sense of the advice is that certain actions can have unintended/unpleasant consequences. Broadly interpreted, even "Look before you leap." can be taken to have a similar meaning.