3

for example I've got a perfect job for me. Lucky you!

• Welcome to the forum. :) - alba3 Oct 10, 2010
  • thank you!!! - xentuk Oct 10, 2010

4

I've often heard the phrase "¡¿Quién como tú!?" to express the idea of "Lucky you!"

Also, "Tienes suerte." would be "You're lucky." or "¡Qué suerte!" for "What luck!"

• Oct 10, 2010
  • | Edited by alba3 Oct 10, 2010

3

¡Qué suerte la tuya!

• Oct 10, 2010
  • I like that. It sounds more genuine than quién como tú, more excited than tienes suerte, and more specific than qué suerte :) - alba3 Oct 10, 2010
  • Gracias para la ayuda! - xentuk Oct 16, 2010
2

The site has a wonderful "Translation" section that will allow you to input the exact phrase and obtain the English translation. At the top of the screen, select translation and then input the phrase in the box. Next, hit the Spanish to English button and it will spit out the English translation. Try it, it's great!!

Ciao!!

• Oct 10, 2010
  • That is a great tool. Unfortunately, it does not always give the best answer that some would like to use. For example - "lucky you" ends up "afortunado usted" and that is way more formal than the intended. - mcfairy Jan 31, 2011