What does "arriba, abajo, adentro" translate to mean? | SpanishDict Answers

I saw this on a post in this site but did not see the translation and my husband has used part of this in toasts at weddings and I cannot remember his translation that he has given me…I want to use this in a toast to him and wondered what it meant. He has usually said something to the effect of "para arriba, para abajo, para medio…salute" What does that mean?

Arriba (glasses up), abajo (glasses down), al centro (glasses to the front) y adeeentrooo (!) . (just gulp it down)

(afuera no!!!)

The last part is "salud". That's a standard toast in Spanish, roughly meaning, "To your health".

I have heard "¡Arriba! ¡Abajo! ¡Al centro! .... y pa'dentro!"

It's a toast between friends, a casual greeting accompanied with gestures.

Arriba (put your arm up) Abajo (put your arm down) al centro (health for all of you!) y pa'dentro (inside) for ending, tasting the drink.

If it is not official yet, it's not far from it.

It is very common.

This is a toast..."arriba, abajo, afuera, adentro". It's very informal, not to be used in serious celebrations. Hold your glass, and move it as you chant: "Up, down, out and in!"

If you heard a song with those as the lyrics, it's a direct translation from the christian children's song: "I'm Inright Outright Upright Downright happy all the time". Fun!!!

Sounds as silly as the "over the lips, over the gums, look out stomach, here it comes."

Youtube video

another one that needs some photography lessons