Picture of the Day: My girlfriend!! | SpanishDict Answers

Post your comments/titles/captions to this picture (both in Spanish and English) and vote for the ones you like. The best answer will be chosen tomorrow on the basis of the greatest number of votes as well as the language correctness.

.

Don't forget to correct your posts as suggested. Do NOT use subject pronouns!

Posts which are not corrected as suggested can NOT be "accepted".

Please give everyone a chance and only post one caption and no photos smile.

.

My example:

Mi novia nunca me deja.

My girlfriend never leaves me.

• Please correct my Spanish and English - Vaanz Oct 8, 2010 flag

Mi novia es muy difícil de controlar, es demasiado unilateral.

My girl friend is too much to handle , she is too one sided. . red face sick

• Extremely clever! :-) - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Thank you mate , I was afraid none would see where i was coming from, you have a sharp eye. - ray76 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Good one Ray :) - FELIZ77 Oct 8, 2010 flag

Esto da un nuevo significado a la frase, "La cabeza arriba de los talones en amor."

This gives new meaning to the phrase, "Head over heels in love."

• Good one!:)...I always thought it's "head over heels"... - luz_72 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Yr right Luz :) That is a good one UT, just that little sp. with heals :) - Kiwi-Girl Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Aye Caramba!! You're right. - UTStorm Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Good one, funny :) - FELIZ77 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Clever, UT. Most unfortunately, the translation does not work in Spanish. At best you could say something like "patas arriba de amor", but people won't understand what you mean. Too bad! :-( - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag

My girl friend bends my arm to get her own way tongue wink tongue rolleye

= Mi novia se sale con la suya tongue wink tongue rolleye

Corregid mi español, por favor grin

• You did something interesting here, because you used a similar metaphore, but from a different perspective in each language. The sentence in English means something rather different from the sentence in Spanish! :-) - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Gekko I asked for help in the questions section and Cogumelo gave me several options however I had to choose one and I really didn't know which was the closest so I chsoe the one with the word brazo in it Lol:) - FELIZ77 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • I saw that. Your chose phrase means: "I must listen to my GF, she's stubborn!" - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • THx Gekko I changed for the one you said you preferred I agree :) I think you meant your chosen phrase not chose phrase :) - FELIZ77 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Yeah... My spell checker does not work on the comment boxes. :-( - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag

Sometimes she is just enough to push me over the edge. A veces es justo lo suficiente para empujarme al abismo.

Observa que el espacio negativo cerca la cabeza de la mujer se parece a la cabeza de un lobo.

Notice that the negative space near the woman's head looks like the head of a wolf.

¡No, No me toques! Deja el mano, porfa, no, nooooo. Larga ese pie

No, no, don´t touch me, leave my hand alone, no, noooo get that foot away.

Hoy quiero elevarte al cielo querida, hoy quiero darte las estrellas...sólo muévete un poco al centro...cheese

Today I want to lift you to the sky darling, today I want to give you the stars...just get more to the middle...

It is a love match. This is one of the ups and downs of life.

Es un matrimonio por amor. Este es uno de los altibajos de la vida.

• Interesting. I thought of a completely different translation for match, here. :-) - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • I was posting from the airport and forgot half of my mind...I mean half of my post! jaja - Brynleigh Oct 8, 2010 flag

Oh rayos! Estas malditas hadas de nuevo. ¡Quítenmela de encima!

Oh jeez, these darn fairies again. Get her off me!!

• Which fairie are you talking about?? - ray76 Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • The one that landed on the weight the man's lifting, of course! - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • jajaja - Brynleigh Oct 8, 2010 flag

Hombre a mujer:

"Oye, me gustaría que no había comido la cena filete grande de anoche!"

Man to woman:

"Gosh, I wish you hadn't eaten that big steak dinner last night!"

I wish that my girlfriend would stop meddling in my work! She makes it difficult for me to concentrate when she is so close.

¡Desee que mi novia pare de entrometerse en mi trabajo! Se me hace difícil para mí concentrarme cuando está tan cerca.

• "pare de entrometerse"." Se me hace difícil concentrarme" - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag

Una buena bailarina debe ser capaz de actuar muy por encima de las situaciones más estresantes.

A good ballerina must be able to perform well above the most stressful situations.

• Actuar or interpretar. Realizar doesn't work in this context. - Gekkosan Oct 8, 2010 flag
  • Gracias Gekkosan. - Rolest Oct 8, 2010 flag