How do you say 'It is 12:40 pm' in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

I looked it up in the translations, but the answer I got was not what I need. I got 'Es 24:00 cuarenta.' That's not what I'm looking for. Also if you can tell me HOW you got that answer, that would be great. Thanks.

In my spanish class I learned 'Son las doce y cuarenta de tarde.' or in other words, 'It is 12 and 40 in the afternoon.'

Hope that helped. smile

son las doce y cuarenta de la tarde/or de la mañana

• Thank you very much! Just the answer I needed! - calibeachgir Oct 6, 2010 flag

¡Hola Calibeachgir! ¡Bienvenida al foro! Hi Calibeachgir! Welcome to the forum! We have a learning video on how to tell time. It should tell you how to get your answer.link text

• Thank you! - calibeachgir Oct 6, 2010 flag
  • Also, I typed," It is twelve forty P. M",. into the translator and got some answers. - sanlee Oct 6, 2010 flag
  • I'll try that. Thanks again. - calibeachgir Oct 6, 2010 flag