how do you say 11:15a.m 7:15 p.m, 1:30 p.m, 3:30 a.m, 11:30 p.m, 10:45 a.m, 7:45 a.m, 2:45 p.m, 1:01 p.m, 7:10 a.m, 4:15 p.m, 5:00 a.m, 3:11 p.m, 6:54 a.m, 11:55 p.m, 8:45 a.m, 2:48 p.m, 1:35 a.m

I have to agree with Jaz, I can give you one time just for posterity, but one you're posting a long list of precise times and ask for their english translations, it looks a bit suspicious. However, if you just want to learn, then kudos to you, curiosity is a marvelous trait.

Learning How To Tell Time En Español:

1. Go over your basic numbers, 1-60.

2. Remember to use complete sentences when citing the time

3. Two different forms of "Ser" are used when telling time, "Es" for 1, and "Son" for all others: Son las dos. Es la una. Son las ocho.

4. There are different ways of indicating time of day: De la noche - PM/At night, De la Mañana - AM/In the Morning, and De la tarde - PM/In the Afternoon

5. There are also a few idioms specific to the telling of Time: Faltan quince para las una - 12:45, Las dos y media - 2:30, Las nueve y cuarto - 9:15

6. For weird numbers like 4:18, just put an "y" in between: Son las cuatro y deiciocho

The Following Links should be helpful: http://www.studyspanish.com/lessons/time.htm http://www.spanishdict.com/flashcards/show/92

• Great answer I voted for your answer :) I am really sorry I accidentally entered your post but didn't change anything - FELIZ77 Oct 4, 2010 flag
  • No problem, accidents happen, and thank you for voting! =) - Kryslynn Oct 5, 2010 flag

i would give you 11:15, but this looks like a homework assignment... and i don't like cheating

Looks like homework to me, too. But, I'll give you a hint. 15 can be the number or "cuarto" and 30 can be the number or "media." Lesson 1.8 can be helpful as well. Good luck!!

this is not my homework I'm putting random numbers to try to understand how to count time in Spanish and i would like somebody's help.

• Okay I am sorry I didn't realize that when I wrote my post - FELIZ77 Oct 4, 2010 flag

Hello Forgiv and Welcome to the SpanishDict Forum grin

I agree withJaz and Storm that this looks like homework smile and we don't do people's homework assignments for them at SpanishDict. tongue wink

However, in addition to the good advice from Kryslynn and the others I can give you clues/tips:

To say:

What time is it, in Spanish =You say ¿Qué hora es?

It is...... ='Son las' ...followed by the hour +minutes which you will have to work out tongue wink

One exception is for the hour:One o'clock which takes the singular: 'Es la una' followed by the hour and minutes

I hope this helps you on your way tongue wink grin