I'm not sure if that's the right spelling. But that's how it sounds. It won't translate right. I know spanish use it often. But it might be slang. Not sure.

It's probably Órale - Listen, hey, whatever. It's a filler word like "like". Technically it means "Pray to him". I'm sure no one who uses it knows that. It's extremely common Mexican slang.

Edit: Thinking about it, it's more like "Yeah", as in "right"..

• I don't think lots of people say this word... I've heard escucha, oye (most often, even though it's a bit crude), y atención - jeanpm Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • Sure, formally. Ever hear a bunch of SoCal Spanish speakers on the playground? They don't really mean, "Listen", just like English speaking teenagers don't literally mean "you must like" every time they say "like". - KevinB Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • Órale is even common here in So. Ga. - Jack-OBrien Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • It's really quite common in Mexico City and in Puebla as well, especially among teens, and is also used as "wow". - Soninmyeyes Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • I actually don't think I've heard it in any of the senses described by anyone else, though. Only like "wow", and that's how it was described to me by my Mexican host family. - Soninmyeyes Oct 2, 2010 flag

Well, it's not the right spelling, whatever it is. Perhaps you can remember where or in what context you heard it and we might be able to help you figure it out. I notice you've done a couple of lessons here. Stick around, and you'll no doubt soon know enough Spanish so you won't be in this position.....since Spanish is a phonetic language once you get the hang of listening to the words you'll be able to spell and look up words that you don't know.

It may be a part of the Mexican mountaneering yodel as in:

"Odelay y cordillera ooooo".

But, it probably sounds better with the music.

... Also... use it in a sentence. It could be olé/ole ... .means like bravo! a type of cheer

Odelay is the fifth studio album by American alternative rock artist Beck, originally released on June 18, 1996 by Geffen Records.

Odelay

I think it might be andale. This is a very common Mexican expression. It comes from the infinitive andar = to walk. It has many meanings ranging from "hurry", "go ahead" , to "really?" or "you don't say" used as expressions of interest or surprise when someone is telling you a story.

• Great deduction, I think you got it - Stadt Oct 2, 2010 flag

This is actually ¡ándale! which has several slang meanings but normally means "let's give her", "lets get going" or "you better get going on it".