A good site for learning English | SpanishDict Answers

Hi everybody. Does anyone know a name of a good site for learning English? Lately I've noticed that my English level is getting worse. I want a site with video lessons (explaining English grammar in English) just like here on Spanish Dict. So do you know one?

Thanks so much grin

• I just changed two commas to periods. - --Mariana-- Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • But why Marianne ? I always write '' Hi everybody '' and put a comma after it , and no one has corrected me on that before ! - 00b6f46c Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • your English has improved Lovely, but taking yourself to a higher level is always a good thing , best of luck.. - ray76 Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • You English has improved, Lovely. We are trying to make better corrections to help the non-native English speakers. So it might seem like you are being corrected more, but you are doing so well that we can make correction like we would make on higher leve - sanlee Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • l students, Lovely. You have really improved so much!.We are all getting corrected lately on our Spanish and English. Please don't get discouraged... - sanlee Oct 2, 2010 flag

Thank you so much everybody for the links I am sure they will help me a lot grin

And a very big graaaaaaaacias for everyone who has corrected my mistakes. I really really appreciate those corrections and they also help me a lot smile

P.S : Thanks for the cheering words and for helping me with the punctuation problem ( comma and period ) smile

@ Sanlee's post : Oh now I know why I am getting more corrections . I thought it was just me and I felt very embarrassed red face alt text

• As a rule, you need to place a period at the end of every sentence. - JoyceM Oct 2, 2010 flag

Connect with English (also available on DVD, I believe) is presented by the Annenberg Media. I listened and watched the series they do at this same site for learners of Spanish.

• Que excelente referencia, Janice. Gracias. - Carlos-F Oct 3, 2010 flag

Hello Lovely. Another nice new avatar I see.

The BBC, British Broadcasting Corporation, has a section for English students. I haven't used it, but you may want to try.

BBC Learning English

The Spanish pages of the main language section are quite interesting, I've attached the link for anyone who wants to have a look.

BBC Languages

You can find several other languages there, French, German, Italian etc, and a new section on Arabic.

• Gracias Fontanero. La Bbc es excelente. - Carlos-F Oct 3, 2010 flag

Good morning, Lovely.

I think that Heidi may have some recommendations for you. Why not send her a PM and ask?

• Oh that's a good idea , thanks Marianne :) - 00b6f46c Oct 2, 2010 flag

Does anyone else have any suggestion for me ? smile

• Have any: If after Hi guys, how are thigs etc, that is OK , but If you then start speaking of a different subject you then need a period so that you can start a new sentence. - ray76 Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • Does anyone else have any suggestions for me? - jeezzle Oct 2, 2010 flag
  • Lovely, I edited your question to be correct English. I hope that helps you. - JoyceM Oct 2, 2010 flag

Yes, I think that this ".edu" site dedicated to the memory of Dr. Charles Darling might prove useful to you. Hey, I think it might prove useful to me, too!!

Please, if you have a look, come back and tell me what you think of it.

• Oh..that site does not have video lessons. I will post another one that does. - Janice Oct 2, 2010 flag

www.busuu.com - This is a good site. I learned a fair amount of Spanish here, really interactive and fun, for the first week you get a tester premium account smile

This site doesn't have video lessons, but it might help you. http://www.learnenglish.de/

Hi, this is a good site for learning English with fun. This is designed like a social networking site, You can discuss here topics on English and write your own blog to express your thoughts and enhance writing skill.

English club