1

how do you say "too much" in Spanish? I think demasiado is too strong. I want to say "I added too much salt". Or "there is too much salt"

• Hi and welcome to the forum. :) - Nicole-B Sep 25, 2010

3

También se puede decir: "Le puse mucha sal", implicando que se uso más sal de la necesaria.

• Sep 25, 2010
2

Welcome to the forum. Demasiado is what I would use - Agregué/Hay demasiada sal. Demasiado is a very common word. I'm not aware of one that means "too much" but not as much as "demasiado".

• Sep 25, 2010
  • | Edited by KevinB Sep 25, 2010
2

As Kevin says, demasiado would be the most commonly used. Other options: eché/tiene sal de más or even me pasé con la sal (meaning there was a maximum of salt that you could add and you crossed that line)

• Sep 26, 2010
  • I like that Loa! It's a little like me saying 'You overdid it with the salt', I think. :) - galsally Sep 26, 2010
0

Le eché bastante sal.

• Sep 26, 2010
  • "Bastante" does not imply too much. It is more like "enough" - Mokay Sep 26, 2010