I don't know why this word is used, I would like a lesson on it or a few sentences to understand the usage. Why not use tambien or tan, don't they mean also?

• Please use proper punctuation (including question marks) spelling and grammer here as this is a teaching and learning site :) - FELIZ77 Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • Please do me a favor and re-write the sentence correctly for everyone, cause I'm not a road scholar and would have wrote it properly if I knew how. - samfisher Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • You misspelled "Rhodes Scholar", bro. - bugmenot123 Nov 10, 2011 flag
  • http://www.ameriburn.org/verification_verifiedcenters.php ^^^ - mrbabysteale Jan 5, 2013 flag

In order to emphasize in addition to something:

María es inteligente, cariñosa, amable... y además, guapa.

Además de llenar menos, la sabe rica.

Besides being less filling, it tastes great.

• Buena respuesta pero una pequeña corrección que espero que no te moleste: - cogumela Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • Además de llenar menos, está rica. - cogumela Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • Gracias.por ayudarme. - lorenzo9 Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • Thank you for the example. - samfisher Sep 21, 2010 flag

cause I'm not a road scholar and would have wrote it properly if I knew how

Hi Sam, you're doing great I think = I like the way you are open to suggestions and are quick to understand and accept help. Good job. Just to add to your general knowledge the actual phrase that you wanted to say is a 'Rhodes scholar' rather than 'roads'. It is to do with a bursary or grant given to very smart people so they can go on with their studies - named after a fellow called Cecil Rhodes. Keep working - you are doing fine!

• Sorry, the English - should be 'I would have written it properly...' - margaretbl Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • Hilarious, thank you for the knowledge. - samfisher Sep 21, 2010 flag
  • : )) - margaretbl Sep 21, 2010 flag

If you look up "además", you will find several phrases/sentences illustrating its use (this is also true for most words).

ademas = you