Hola a todos:

Estaba pensando en el uso de la expresi贸n 芦驴C贸mo te fue禄, por ejemplo en las siguientes oraciones:

驴C贸mo te fue en el ex谩men? - How did your test go?/how was your test?
驴C贸mo te fue en la escuela hoy? - How was school today?/How did school go today?

Y me preguntaba si, en este caso, el verbo 芦fue禄 se deriva del verbo 芦ir禄 o del 芦ser禄. Por favor, 驴alguien me podr铆a decir algo sobre este asunto?

Gracias a todos de antemano. grin

Hey, I never heard of 驴C贸mo te fue en el ex谩men?I don't know if this is the correct one but my Spanish friends have always asked it to me like "驴C贸mo te fue el ex谩men?" so in that situation it means "ir" I think.

. Because we also say 驴C贸mo te va todo?" right?

• Thanks for your response dugu...the use of the preposition "en" here is somewhat optional from what I understand, and I have seen and heard it both ways (that is to say that I don't think that there is much difference semantically between the two as "en" - Izanoni1 Sep 20, 2010 flag
  • Yep, the fue refers to Ir not Ser. As in, "how did it go for you?" - Jennifer-Mei Sep 20, 2010 flag
  • ...(I believe) means something along the lines of "during" as in "how did your test go" vs. "how did it go during your test." - Izanoni1 Sep 20, 2010 flag
  • If I was trying to reason this out, I would answer the question. "It went fine." Which says you use "ir" I don't usually answer "It was fine" - foxluv Sep 21, 2010 flag

Ella era/fue mi amiga.- She was my friend

Ella se fue conmigo.- She went with me.

鈼嬄緾贸mo te fue (en) el ex谩men? - How did your test go?/how was your test?

鈼嬄緾贸mo te fue (en) la escuela hoy? - How was school today?/How did school go today?

Despite these examples, there are no relations between "ir" and "ser".

I would not use the "en" in these sentences.

驴C贸mo te fue el ex谩men?

驴C贸mo te fue la escuela hoy?

• Thanks for the response, amiga - Izanoni1 Sep 21, 2010 flag

I've puzzled over this question a number of times. Since ir and ser preterite are indistinguishable without context, I wonder if this is really a beautiful confluence of meaning as well as verbage. I've asked myself, what is the difference between "How was it?" and "How did it go?" My personal conclusion each time is that the nuance of difference is too unimportant to define.So, to me, when I hear "fue" I don't care which verb it is, because they mean the same.

• Thanks for the input, Pesta :) - Izanoni1 Sep 21, 2010 flag

Izan, esto es facil, c谩mbialo a presente:

c贸mo te va...como te fuewink

驴C贸mo te va? How are you today?

Actually I am told in Mexico for example they say: C贸mo te fue? Same meaning .

De cualquier manera, lo dice la "biblia":

ir bien 1. loc. verb. coloq. Dicho de una cosa: Desarrollarse satisfactoriamente.satisfactoriamente.

satisfactoriamente.