amigo y amiga | SpanishDict Answers

What is the difference between amigo and amiga? I am a lady, so should I use amiga(s) to all my friends? or depends on who I am talking about? If I am talking about male, should I use amigo? Is that how it works?

"Amiga" is what you call female friends.

"Amigo" is what you call male friends.

"Amigos" is a group of male friends or a group of male/female friends.

"Amigas" is a group of just female friends.

I am a lady, so should I use amiga(s) to all my friends?

Just to clarify further - the ending has nothing to do with your gender, and everything to do with the gender of who or what you are talking about (in this case, friends.)

Yes. "Amigo" means friend in the masculine form. "Amiga" means friend in the feminine form. If you are talking to a group of men and women, you should say "amigos," because the masculine sense automaticly takes over when there is a mixed group. If you are talking to men, you shoule say "amigos," and if you are talking to women, you should say "amigas." I hope you can understand it now smile

Hello dear

My name is queen(single). I was impressed when i saw your profile today at and i will like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through this my private e-mail box(queensamale46@yahoo.com) Thanks waiting to hear from you soon. queen I will send to you my pictures in my next mail through this my mail box

queensamale46@yahoo.com