How do you ask: "What's happening?" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

How?

• Welcome to our little world. Please be mindful of your grammar for the benefit of others ... Thank you! - LateToDinner Aug 23, 2010 flag

Welcome to the forum!

¿Qué pasa?

Would "¿qué tal?" also work?

• it means "What's up?" so, I don't think so.. - culé Aug 23, 2010 flag

You can also say "¿Qué onda?" "Qué hay de nuevo?" "Qué hubo?" "Qué húbole?"

• And where I went to school they were soooo lazy they just say 'qué'...... - margaretbl Aug 23, 2010 flag

Well, in Mexico, if you see a friend you haven't seen in a while instead of saying "¿Qué pasa?" (what's happening) you say, "¿Qué pasó?" (What happened?) As in, what's happened since I saw you last?

J

¿Qué pasa?

I think this is a question with probably a thousand answers. Growing up in Los Angeles, I always heard ¿Qué pasó? But I'm sure there are a lot more, just like in English there are a lot of ways to say the same general thing.

• Different parts of town, Amy, or did you correct it for them? Seldom did I hear it correctly pronounced, it was usually the lazier - qué pasa? - LateToDinner Aug 23, 2010 flag
  • No, I didn't correct them because at the time I didn't know it was wrong! - amykay Aug 23, 2010 flag