what is a slang word for pig...my daughter pronounced a word wrongly and was told it was the word for a pig...something like "porque"

maybe she said puerco, which means pig (the animal), but also a brutish person.

If fyyzyy is right about his guess -and he probably is-, "puerco" sounds somewhat similar to "porque", but it is not a slang: it means pig, and the Latin term for pig from where the English word pork comes from. Used with people, it is a colloquial way of calling someone mean, filthy, nasty, swine, rotten,...

In other words, instead of "because" (porque), she was saying "pork" (puerco.)

Hi Dads, why don't you try typing 'pig' into the translation tab and see what you get. I think you will be able to find the word you are looking for. Welcome to SpanishDict!

To add to the others, "porky", is a rude term for fat or overweight. Portly, is another slightly less rude one.

• You would prefer, perhaps, "in fair round belly with good capon lined"? - samdie Aug 19, 2010 flag

:D They mean Porky Pig, from Warner brothers :D

Welcome for Site Pictures, Images and Photos Sudar como un cerdo. To sweat like a pig.(swine) I am guessing here because the phrasebook says pollo which would mean chicken, lol

(the funny thing is pigs do not sweat. They have no sweat glands!)

scared Pictures, Images and Photos

Another slang word for pig - although I know it doesn't sound like "porque" is cochino.

my wife is always telling me "¡No seas cochino!" which I think is something along the lines of the english "chauvinist pig".

• Neither puerco nor cochino are slangs for pig. They are NORMAL synonyms for pig. - lazarus1907 Aug 19, 2010 flag

Although Cochino can mean the animal at his time of slaughter, it is mostly used to mean Marrano, which also means Cerdo. Petersenkids wife is saying, "¡No seas grosero / sucio!"

But for yum, yum, it's Carne de puerco.

And of course Lazarus is correct as usual. None of these words are slang.