If you were writing the phrase "All about me" in Spanish, which is best? "Todo de mi"? "Todo sobre yo"? To be used in a powerpoint presentation, to title a slide, for example.

Let me give you a grammatical rule:

After a preposition, except "entre" and "según", you must use "mí" and "ti", and never "yo" and "tú". The basic prepositions are:

a, ante, bajo, con, contra, de, desde, durante, en, [entre], hacia, hasta, mediante, para, por, sin, [sobre], tras

Therefore, the correct options are "Todo acerca de mí", "Todo sobre mí" (this also sounds like "above me"). "Todo de mí" can be ambiguous unless the rest of the sentence clarifies it: "Quiere saber de mí" (He/she wants to know about me.)

Actually, it only means all of my if you leave off the accent on mí...

"Todo sobre de yo" is grammatically incorrect. It has to be "de mí" (google it and you can confirm this for yourself). "Todo acerca de mí" works, but "de yo" does not. "Todo sobre de mí" sounds kind of odd (sort of like "everything above me", and I think it is grammatically incorrect), so I would use "acerca".

I should clarify: "todo sobre yo" works too, so the answer above is correct. Just wanted to point out that you were probably thinking of "de mí", not "de mi".

• "Todo sobre yo" is not right, unless you elevate your "yo" to a new level of existence. - lazarus1907 Aug 16, 2010 flag

"Todo sobre mi" or "todo acerca de mi"

"Todo sobre yo" if you are a very narcissistic person ( or egomaniac)

Lazarus said:

Let me give you a grammatical rule:

I just wanted to circumvent any possible confusion by noting that it is incorrect to use the preposition "con" followed by either "mí" or "tí." Instead you must use the combined forms "conmigo" and "contigo," respectively.

A more complete explanation is given by the DPD

Cuando la preposición que precede a mí, ti, sí es con, deben emplearse las amalgamas conmigo, contigo y consigo, de manera que no son correctas las secuencias [incorrect forms]: *con mí, *con ti, *con sí

EDIT Ignore this:( Totally wrong! Thanks Lazarus smile

I did leave this post so that others could see my mistake but it just seems to be confusing the issue so I'm going to delete - please see above answers for the correct info smile

• Hahaha yes, I actually meant...which is better: "Todo de yo" or "Todo sobre yo"? :) - chica1 Aug 16, 2010 flag
  • Again, "todo sobre yo" is wrong. - lazarus1907 Aug 16, 2010 flag