If you are describing the mood your are in what is the difference between using a verb "me enojo" and using the adjective " estoy enojado"

The difference is that using the adjective with the verb "estar", you describe a state (state and estar do not look alike by accident), whereas by using the verb, you describe an action:

Estoy enojado = I am angry (state)

Me enojo = I get angry (action)

In "I get angry very easily" you are not exactly saying that you are angry, are you?

• thanks alot for the help, andIts funny I noticed the fact that estar looked like state as soon as I started to learn the differnece between ser and estar. That fact helpd me alot - Kylew Aug 15, 2010 flag
  • You're welcome. It is no coincidence. The English word "state" comes from Latin, from the verb "stare", from which "estar" in Spanish comes from. - lazarus1907 Aug 15, 2010 flag
  • Its true knowing Latin roots relly helps for learning the langueges that come out of it. - Kylew Aug 15, 2010 flag

Just as you said: one is a verb (I am getting mad) and the other is an adjective (I am mad). As far as describing your mood they both say the same thing, just as I was acting madly (adverb), I acted with madness (noun), estoy enojando (verb): all different phrasings for saying the same thing.