Somebody please tell me what "has" mean in spanish.

Give me 4 sentences using the word "has" in spanish.

• The "has" spanish word must be very hard, becuase no one has answered my question. - Shakeena372 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • Someone answered my question, Thanks so much. - Shakeena372 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • It isn't particularly difficult to answer lol just that there are so many threads to respond to and it takes a few minutes to write a good reponse - FELIZ77 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • Or seconds in Heidita's case or any of the fluent members lol - FELIZ77 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • Shakeena I don't think folks understood your question although they inadvertently answered it. The Spanish word -has- means have and is a form of haber not tener as you were previously advised. - df2346 Nov 22, 2013 flag

Tiene = He /she has from the verb tener = to have

1. Tiene un coche

= She has a car

2. Tiene dos hijos y una hija

= She has two sons and one (a) daughter

3 Tiene que hacer las compras (Tener que = to have to )

= He has to do the shopping

4 Siempre tiene tanto deberes que hacer = She always has so much homework to do

It is also sometimes used in Spanish where a different verb would be used in English:

5 Tiene veinte cuatro años = She is twenty years old (literally has twenty years)

• Thanks so much Feliz77, That was a very good answer, Felicitaciones!!! Salud!!! - Shakeena372 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • De nada fue mi placer :) - FELIZ77 Aug 8, 2010 flag
  • "twenty four years old" - ray76 Nov 22, 2013 flag

Has is a form of haber to have in the second person singular form not used like tener.

• For example...Has bebido la leche...Have you drunk the milk? - df2346 Nov 22, 2013 flag