Good Kids TV shows in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

I am probably an "advanced beginner" in Spanish, and I recently decided to start working on my Spanish again on my path to become a fluent speaker. (Hopefully!) After a recent trip to Mexico, I noticed my 4 year old is picking it up a bit. I thought we could practice and learn Spanish together, watching TV, especially since she is at such a great age for it. My daughter doesn't seem that interested in Plaza Sesamo, which was easy to find on TV, but she enjoyed watching familiar dubbed TV shows in Mexico. I am in Los Angeles, so I know there must be TONS of shows airing here, I just don't know what they are.

Any tips would be great!

Check out the Planeta U block on Univision Saturday Mornings. They´re all American kids show dubbed in Spanish Out of all of those I like Inspector Gadget. I also like Super Libro, which airs on Azteca America Weekday and Saturday Morning but I am not sure that channel is widely availabiles Pocoyo is also cute The video are available on You Tube Just search Pocoyo español Univision is airing it now. However, I like the narrator from Spain better that Latin American one.

• Sorry, I wouldn't recommend Planeta U at all if there is another choice. The intonation used in the Spanish dubs are just unnatural (it happens with almost everything dubbed nowadays). Disney movies do a better job at Spanish dubbing. - lespinal Oct 4, 2011 flag

Hey , welcome to the forum... Well actually I don't know so much about the shows in Mexico.. But if you also like Argentine Spanish , give a try to Patito Feo. Even if I'm 18 sometimes I watch it grin well but the conjugation, and some words are different. But it has helped me a lot with talking casually... smile

If you have any dvd's of their favourite shows, look on the menus for Spanish audio, or subtitles.

I find them quite good.

Thanks! This is a great start! Because if my daughter is interested, it keeps my commitment up, as well...

Scooby Doo is easy to find online in Spanish. It's pretty good, the voices are all good except for Scooby, who sounds tough and not like a scaredy cat. I also like "El chavo del ocho" which is a Mexican kids show. I'm not sure if it would hold the interest of a 4 year old though.

Bumping this question because it's great.

Peppa Pig is the best thing ever for foreign language students but I don't know if it's been translated in to Spanish, it's really funny and cute and they point to things and say what they are and usually repeat the name of everything a few times throughout an episode.

One of my favourite kids shows is Fosters home for imaginary friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr67jXJdQ-g - Mansión Foster para Amigos Imaginarios

But It's quite hard to understand compared with Peppa. They're both the type of shows adults can watch and enjoy. There's only so much Elmo I can take!

The website "neopets" is available through Spanish, there's a bunch of online games your kids could play. You'd have to make an account and do most of the stuff though. It's a complicated world! More for kids 8 - 98 :D

I'm looking on the cartoon network Spanish site to see if there are any videos of the shows:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.es/