Igual a mí = Igual que yo | SpanishDict Answers

Just finished the first half of Volver with my class, it's awesome so far. But the Spanish is hard, not Mexican Spanish, from Spain and they say some stuff in a strange way. So I have four pages of notes and here is the first one. They say "Igual a mí" where I would say "Igual que yo". Are both right? Gracias.

Jeezle, I wonder if this is a situation similar to English like "when should we use I or me?" (ie; my wife and I, vs. me and my wife)

• Probably right, but you can't say "Igual que mí" it has to be "igual que yo" so why can you say "igual a mí"? - jeezzle Jul 27, 2010 flag
  • does it mean, 'Same as me', or as in English, "It's all the same to me?. - Nise Jul 27, 2010 flag
  • correction: Does it mean, 'Same as me', or "It's all the same to me" , as per the english expression? - Nise Jul 27, 2010 flag
  • Well, the context was like this: 2 people at are flirting, she says "me pone nerviosa" he says "igual a mi". - jeezzle Jul 27, 2010 flag
  • Jeez, you always have the most interesting questions, I would love to listen to you on an advanced Skype session some night. - Yeser007 Jul 27, 2010 flag

Well, the context was like this: 2 people at are flirting, she says "me pone nerviosa" he says "igual a mi". - jeezzle

We're dealing with two somewhat different things here. In the exchange above, she says: "You're making me nervous / I'm getting nervous". He replies, "Me too".

"Igual a mi" means "the same thing happens to me", "I share the same feeling".

"Igual que yo" means "same as me". "Te vestiste igual que yo" - "You're dressed the same as me".

"A mi me gusta el helado de chocolate" -"Igual a mi" / "I like chocolate ice cream". "Me too".

• Exactly, Gekk, but for "I'm getting nervous," it must be, "I too" ["am getting nervous"] - JulianChivi Jul 28, 2010 flag