Who was the founder of spanish? And what is the meaning of life if you know it?

• Wow! what a starting question! :D welcome to the forum - Cardiff1985 Jul 26, 2010 flag

Jorge Alfonso de la Rivera invented it in his basement lab in 1385. He added a pinch of Latin, a pinch of Greek, etc. in a beaker, swirled it around a bit, a little heat and voila! : la lengua española.

As for the meaning of life:

• But this fellow has a Spanish name. Did he travel back in time and tell his mother to give it to him so it would go with the language he invented later in life? - MacFadden Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Your answers to this frequent question get better every time! :-D - chaparrito Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • And all this time I thought it was Don Excelencia Español - JulianChivi Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • wonderful answers! - Izanoni1 Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • I have heard of this guy. He was canonized, and also made an excellent pancake breakfast. - LeslieW Jul 26, 2010 flag

You are all wrong.

Spanish was invented by Grog, after a huge meal consisting of salted cod, garbanzo beans, assorted seafood, and fermented fruit juice.

I'll get back to you on the subject of the meaning of life. But "42" sounds good to me.

I don't know about Spanish, but the answer to the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42. The answer's easy. It's the question that's tricky.

• 'Hitchhiker' fan? ;-) - chaparrito Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Some of the greatest literature ever written :-) - KevinB Jul 26, 2010 flag

Nobody invented it - it just happened.

If they had it would not have such a complicated verb system - nor noun genders etc.

Like so much else in life.

So you can't "blame" anyone.

Tower of Babel Pictures, Images and Photos

Tower of Babel (blame the architect)

God did !!!!

I believe it was a fellow called Harthacanute around the middle of the fifth century, aided and abetted by his dear mother, Cecilia, who wore a wig. There is no meaning of life, only lives of meaning.

Seriously, though, it evolved from Vulgar Latin.

• I like the word play. - 0074b507 Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Thank you. - MacFadden Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Did she sing? - Gekkosan Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Sing? as in spill the beans? let the cat out of the bag? tattle? rat? - LateToDinner Jul 26, 2010 flag
  • Not very well. But one puts up with such things from one's mother. - MacFadden Jul 26, 2010 flag

Spanish is derived from Latin, as the Iberian peninsula was part of the Roman Empire. There are also influences of Arabic (from the Moors) and Basque. Today, there are even some words that have been borrowed from English. But, if you know any other Romance language or Latin, you will have a much easier time with Spanish.

As far as the meaning of life, that answer will vary greatly depending on who you ask. In my opinion, the life's meaning is best appreciated by loving God, being in a right relationship with Him, and ordering your life and conduct based on what you have found to be His will in your life. How do you do that? By studying the Bible and by following whatever is your passion in life (after all, where do you think this passion came from??). And by learning to look at the people and the things around you through a filter of love. But that is my opinion.

I wish you all the best in finding a passion for the beautiful language that is Spanish, and also in your quest to discover the meaning of your own unique, precious life.

• Hey! Good to see you back! :-) - Gekkosan Jul 26, 2010 flag

Was this a trick question? Do you know and just want to see who gets it wrong? If you tell me it was Al Gore, just before he invented the internet, your reputation will be shot to hell. Oh, well, I needed company anyways.

Spanish was not invented/created, it evolved. The meaning of life is to propagate ones genes.

Wow, what a question. If you are looking for one and only one person who created Spanish, you would have to look at God. Otherwise, it would be a group of people living in what is now known as Spain who shared a common language. That language was influenced by the Romans, Germans and the Moors to create what is now known as Spanish.

The meaning of life is to learn and grow. To do that, you interact with things, ask questions, get answers, and then question those answers to see if they are true or not.

Learn more about Spain and thousands of other topics at your local Wikipedia. smile

God created Spanish and only she knows the meaning of life.

Welcome to the forum.

All of the Spanish etymology sections in Wikipedia are listed herelink text As for the meaning of life, check out this Bible parallel editionlink text