I need help speaking proper spanish | SpanishDict Answers

I have a dominican boyfriend... I can read write and speak in spanish... but not good I learned to speak spanish from my friends in my neighborhood... I want to speak to my boyfriend in proper way... help me

What questions do you have'

My advice would be to find an adult education class and buy a good textbook or grammar book.

Mira... yo te puede habla y escribe espanol...pero no puedo bien como yo quiero.
Mi novio es domincan y yo tequiera el mucho mucho... el ayude mi cuando yo hable or escrisbe... yo voy aqui por q yo quiero un suprisa para mi novio... gracias

I learned from the streets and my friends but I need better grammar

Well Lets Start with this paragraph.

"Mira... yo te puede habla y escribe espanol...pero no puedo bien como yo quiero."

Corrected: "Mira... yo puedo hablar y escribir en espanol...pero no muy bien; no como me gustaría."

"Mi novio es domincan y yo tequiera el mucho mucho..."

Corrected: "Mi novio es domincano y yo le quiero mucho mucho..."

"el ayude mi cuando yo hable or escrisbe..."

Corrected: "el me ayuda cuando yo hablo o escrisbo... "

"yo voy aqui por q yo quiero un suprisa para mi novio... gracias"

Corrected: "Vengo por aquí porque quiero sorprenderle a mi novio... "Gracias"

If you want to send me your e-mail address i can explain the reasons for the corrections. Keep in mind that this is not the only way to say this in spanish. There are many different correct ways to get the same point across. But if you want the explanation let me know. Buen suerte amiga.

I can help you with that. I'm a spanish speaker.

HOLA AMIGA!!!
YOU MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES WHEN YOU WRITE IN SPANISH, AND IF YOU SAY IT AS YOU WRITE IT
THAT'S WHY YOU CAN'T SPEAK IN A PROPER WAY, BUT I CAN HELP YOU,
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT HOW TO SAY SOMETHING ASK ME!!!!
AND HERE IS A CORRECT WAY TO SAY WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE:
"MIRA, YO PUEDO HABLAR Y ESCRIBIR Español, PERO NO TAN BIEN COMO YO QUIERO.
MI NOVIO ES DOMINICANO Y YO LO QUIERO MUCHO, EL ME AYUDA CUANDO YO HABLO O ESCRIBO, YO VENGO AQUI PORQUE YO QUIERO DARLE UNA SORPRESA A MI NOVIO"

Hola Msladysegovia!
¡Vaya nombre! smile If you can, you should enroll in a Spanish course where you can learn the basic grammar and get a general understanding of how the language works. That will make things a whole lot easier down the line.

Learn the past tense and build your vocabulary around everyday stuff (work, school, family, the weather, shopping,etc.) and then look online for a language exchange (what's called an intercambio in Spanish). There are plenty of web sites that have listings of people looking for a conversational partner. The way it works is that you meet on MSN Messenger or talk to a native Spanish speaker using Skype or Gizmo and take turns practicing your respective languages. For example, you meet once a week and spend 30 minutes talking English with the Spanish speaker and then spend 30 minutes talking in Spanish with the same person. But you need to have some vocabulary and know the basic past tense in Spanish so that you can hold a conversation. If you only know a handful of words and don't know how to conjugate any verbs, it's better to focus on the book learning first before trying to do the conversation language exchanges.

A great way to build your vocabulary is by reading children's books in Spanish and work on your listening comprehension by watching TV in Spanish and listening to the radio in Spanish.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

I hope this discussion continues, we can all learn from this. There are times when I need help with a street Spanish word.

Eses son consejos buenos.

im mexican i can help you with your spanish smile

I need to learn to speak spanish to communicate with people if i travel to spanish speaking Country and if i meet someone who is interesting in me.

The help it can be provided to you through this medium is very limited. You are better off enrolling in a conversational Spanish class. Also you should immerse yourself on the language. Read Spanish and listen to Spanish specially the news, because is more proper. And by looking at the pictures you will be to associate what they are saying with what you are seeing.
Try to learn a new word and/or phrase every day. Its meaning and its pronunciation and put it in practice in a sentence with somebody that can help you.
And then practice, practice, practice.