What does the Spanish slang word "miho" (sp?) mean and how do you spell it? | SpanishDict Answers

What does the spanish word miho (not sure on spelling either but pronounced me-ho) mean?

• I don't think that it is slang but a contraction/shortened version of mi hijo/a as the others affirm - FELIZ77 Jul 6, 2010 flag

mijo = mi + hijo = my son

mija = mi + hija = my daughter

• í Qué interesante ! Gracias, Me Encantan No sabía sobre este, antes ...estoy .aprendiendo nuevas cosas todo el tiempo - FELIZ77 Jul 6, 2010 flag
  • very helpful. Thank you very much! - markaguynn1 Jul 6, 2010 flag

Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum.

"Mijo" means "my son" and it's a term of endearment, mostly for parents speaking to children.

It's a combination of "mi" and "hijo." The word "Mija" is the feminine version.

I don't think it's a slang term, even though I may be wrong. From the dictionary here:

mijo = my child

mijo

masculine or feminine noun

1. love (informal) (a un hijo) (AmBr), honey (United States); dear ; pal , mate (British), buddy (United States) (a un adulto)(entre iguales)

Everyone else spelling is correct and the literal meaning of Mi hijo is my son, however many Spanish speaking people use it similar to the american "dude"

Wah, so interesting.

mijo=mi hijo

efficient!