Yesterday I wished a Spanish speaking facebook friend, "Feliz Cumpleaños a ti", then I noticed some else had wished her "Feliz Cumpleaños a te". Which one is correct?

I"m goin with "ti".

I'll try to make the other comments a little clearer.

I'm no expert but what I see is that when a pronoun is the object of a preposition and not an Indirect Object.(recipient of a Direct Object). It is considered a Personal Pronoun.

Esto es para ti. This is for you. Te doy este. I give you this. (Te= IOP)

Es para . It's for me. me lo da. He gives it to me. (Me= IOP)

• mí (con tilde), sin tilde=adjetivo posesivo - 0074b507 Jun 17, 2010 flag
  • Gracias - MattM Jun 17, 2010 flag

Ti, because it is after a preposition.

"ti" is Not and indirect object pronoun it is an object of preposition pronoun. Te serves several pronoun functions--it is a direct object pronoun, an indirect object pronoun and a reflexive object pronoun

said pajaro44

• Yay!!! I was right!!! I remember singing the Happy Birthday song, and I thought it was "ti". - amykay Jun 17, 2010 flag
  • Fidalgo, "ti" is *Not* and *indirect object* pronoun it is an *object of preposition pronoun*. *Te* serves several pronoun functions--it is a direct object pronoun, an indirect object pronoun and a reflexive object pronoun. - Pajaro44 Jun 17, 2010 flag
  • *Ti* is correct because it is an Object of Preposition Pronoun after the preposition *a*. - Pajaro44 Jun 17, 2010 flag
  • Gracias a todos por tus repuestas ! - amykay Jul 7, 2010 flag

It is definitely ti. You cannot use "a te".

Anthony

• Gracias por tu repuesta Anthony! - amykay Jul 7, 2010 flag

How would you say happy birhtday to him/her or us or them?

• a él, a ella, a nosotros, a ellos , but it would not be a complete sentence as it is not in English. Les dije "Feliz Cumpleaños" a ellos. - 0074b507 Jun 17, 2010 flag
  • Muchas Gracias! - lucas322 Jun 17, 2010 flag

Happy birthday to YOU--Feliz cumpleanos a TI TE deseo un feliz cumpleanos-- I wish you a happy Birthday

• Gracias por tu repuesta Julissa! - amykay Jul 7, 2010 flag

creo que se borro mi comentario, pero aqui va la respuesta: ti.

• Gracias por tu repuesta Hecho! - amykay Jul 7, 2010 flag