What's the common way of saying "you're welcome" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

Is there an idiomatic phrase or would I use a literal translation such as "tu eres bienvenido"?

• I wonder how many non-Spanish speaking people have misused welcome in that way? - Yeser007 Jun 16, 2010 flag

"De nada", as stated, or "por nada", which is more like, "it was nothing".

"Con placer (with pleasure)" is always good as well. In our family though, it is a "de nada" fest.

Anthony

"No hay de que" is pretty common. Sometimes I hear "tranquilo", meaning something roughly similar to "don't mention it."

In Costa Rica, if someone says "Gracias", you do not say "De nada".....no one says that.

Instead, we replace it with "Mucho Gusto" or "Con Mucho Gusto"

De nada, which literally means "of nothing".

"de nada" is the most common, but you can also say "con gusto" if you want to be a little more formal

de nada

This has been discussed before. Try this link,

link text

Another phrase that is sometimes used (very similar to the answer that Calvo gave):

no hay porqué

Literally this means "there is no reason [to thank me]"

• The centering that Joe used carried forward to my answer. How do I stop it? - waltico Jun 16, 2010 flag