2 Vote

I would like to translate bed sizes for king or queen.

  • Posted Jun 16, 2010
  • | link
  • | flag

4 Answers

2 Vote

I venture to guess it greatly depends on the country you are in or the person you are talking to.

In Mexico, I know we have the following sizes from smallest to largest (this is how they're spelled too):

  • individual
  • matrimonial
  • queen (pronounced the same way as in English)
  • king (sounds more like keen)


Compré unas camas individuales nuevas para mis hijos.

Los recién casados se compraron su cama matrimonial dos semanas antes de su boda.

0 Vote

Welcome cuellygrin

King size: cama de matrimonio extra grande

Queen size: cama de 1.50 por 2.00 metros

  • ¿De veras las llaman a sí en España? ¿No usan "king"o "queen"? Nosotros tenemos "individual"; "matrimonial", "queen" y "king".... - Gekkosan Jun 16, 2010 flag
0 Vote

Hi Cuelly. Welcome to the forum.

I know that "cama de matrimonio" was used in Mexico for a queen-size bed. I'm not sure about the king-size.

0 Vote

And in the USA:

alt text

  • Huh, I never knew there was a difference between a single and a twin size bed. I always thought they were synonyms! Learned something new. :) - MacFadden Jun 16, 2010 flag
Answer this Question