How can I say," I wish I were there with you(plural)" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

I would like to say this sentences to my close friends that lives far away from me.

"wish I were there with you"

I would like to say this sentences to my close friends that lives far away from me. "wish I were there with you"

1. = Quisiera poder estar con Uds
    = I would like to be able to be there with you (polite form)

2 Ojalá podría estar con Uds = If only I could be there with you**

3 **Me gustaría estar con Uds ** I would like to be there with you (lit it would be pleasing to me to be with you)

(The word there = meaning present is not always translated in Spanish ..In this context it is implied by the words with you )

• Did you notice the "you (plural)"?; not contigo. - 0074b507 Jun 14, 2010 flag
  • Si lo he observado gracias Gfreed y ya he hecho el correción - FELIZ77 Jun 14, 2010 flag
  • Nice explanation on the word "there". - 0074b507 Jun 14, 2010 flag
  • Thank You Greed. Yes I was also surprised that the subjucntive mood was not used since it is usually used for exressing desires, fears, expectations etc.. - FELIZ77 Jun 14, 2010 flag
  • I mean, expressing - FELIZ77 Jun 14, 2010 flag

This is what our machine translator likes:

Deseo poder estar allí con vosotros.

I wish I could be there with you.

Seems odd, but since there is no subject change "Espero que esté/estuviera..." seems incorrect.

I'm sure that a native can tell you what phrase is normally used.

I wish...

This article favors using quisiera.

Quisiera estar allí con vosotros.

Deseo que estuviera allí con ustedes would work well. I think at least

• How do you explain the apparent violation of the rule that there must be a subject change between the main and dependent clause? I'm not questioning your answer, just trying to understand the "rule". - 0074b507 Jun 14, 2010 flag