I'm confused what does "que ases ahorita" mean. | SpanishDict Answers

I'm barely learning spanish and some one sent me a message that says quote "que ases ahorita " and I went to translate it and I got "that aces right now" on one translator and "that I roast right now" on another and I know what people say sometimes can't be translated literally but it makes no sense to me, can someone mabe shed some light on this for me. Thanks

I think it is misspelled. "Qué haces ahorita?" sounds the same and means "What are you doing right now?".

Welcome to the forum. It should be "haces". What are you doing right now?

• this guy has been messaging me in spanish on this website and ive been sorta trying to comunicate with him but its not working out very well seeing as I don't know much spanish. - Jill_A Jun 8, 2010 flag
  • I would worry more about how he spells than what you know in Spanish lol - sfrenchie Jun 8, 2010 flag
  • It should be noted that people normally don't bother to spell correctly when they are communicating online (SpanishDict is an exception). English speakers are guilty of this too, maybe even to a higher extent. - Deanski Jun 8, 2010 flag

The word "ahorita" can mean "right now" or "in a very short while" depending on who you are talking to.

"Voy ahorita" = I'm going right now

"Voy ahorita" = I'm going in one second.

Ahorita

1) Ahora mismo, muy recientemente.

2) Después, dentro de un momento, en seguida.

Real Academia Española © Todos los derechos reservados

The real translations are great but I preferred the original ones from the translators, they made me laugh LOL It seems you are learning Spanish but it also seems your buddy might want to do that too.

I detect a hint of elitism I believe. Borrowing my info from the great Wiki, as usual, I learn that the "National Assessment of Adult Literacy" reveals some scary facts like:

"Thus, if this bottom quantile of the study is equated with the functionally illiterate, and these are then removed from those classified as literate, then the resultant literacy rate for the United States would be at most 65-85% depending on where in the basic, minimal competence quantile one sets the cutoff."

Judging by the tone of the report, it seems that the lower number here is more likely to be appropriate.

So let's try to understand that there is a huge proportion of people out there who simply can't write in any language without making "stupid" mistakes. We need to help them, not make snide remarks about their deficiencies.