Andar vs Caminar | SpanishDict Answers

Hello friends, I am still learning so I hope this question isnt stupid but "caminar" and "andar" both mean "to walk" right? if this is the case, am i able to use them interchangeably? If not can someone provide a sentence for both as an example of when to use one over the other...

They are completely interchangeable. Andar, I believe, is more commonly used in Spain and caminar in Latin America, but they mean the same thing.

Hi and welcome to the SpanishDict forum. grin

Take a look at "andar" in the dictionary; it's one of those words that can mean lots of different things, and "walk" is just one of them.

Again, welcome to the forum...hope to see you around.

Expand your horizons. Try this link. There were 24 illuminating answers that time round.

link text

I suppose that, actually, some of the answers were quite pedestrian. jeje

• That was a very good thread. Thanks for linking it. - LeslieW Jun 8, 2010 flag
  • And "boo, hiss!" for that joke :) - LeslieW Jun 8, 2010 flag
  • I liked the joke! - amykay Jun 8, 2010 flag

The Beatles, andando y caminando!