What does ''mucho mas'' mean? | SpanishDict Answers

Hola! Can someone please tell me what "mucho mas" means? Does it mean "and many more" or something else?

• I have always wanted to know what does it mean thank you for asking - 00b6f46c Jun 4, 2010 flag

mucho más = much more

demasiado = too much

gran cantidad = great amount

tanto más = so much more

más - with an accent

It means much more.

smile

• that accent is no longer necessary unless it avoids confusion with mas, but personally, I prefer to use it. It's like ésta, the only time that the accent is required is to avoid confusion. "new" rule from when I was in school. - 0074b507 Jun 4, 2010 flag
  • I read about "ésta," but I didn't know that about "mas!" - --Mariana-- Jun 4, 2010 flag
  • This is not the same scenario as in "ésta" vs. "esta". "Más" and "mas" have totally different meanings and the accent mark makes them as totally different words. That´s why accentuation is so important in Spanish. Accent marks are never optional. - tamalmalamar Jun 4, 2010 flag

Thank you! smile

It most likely means much more.

Another related spanish word meaning "too much" is demasiado

Wait! Are you saying it can be used without Y? All I ever hear is: "¡ y mucho mas!"

muchisisísimo más = much much muuuch more

that accent is no longer necessary unless it avoids confusion with mas, but personally, I prefer to use it. It's like ésta, the only time that the accent is required is to avoid confusion. "new" rule from when I was in school.

With your web-searching skills, you should be able to provide at least one citation to back-up this assertion. Having been surprised by your assertion, I checked what the D R A E had to say and found two entries (one with and one without) the tilde. Neither made any reference to the other nor offered any suggestion that there had been changes to the standard/recommended orthographies.

i think it means ' much more '