What is a "ghetto" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

I've heard some of my Mexican friends say "barrio", but that doesn't really describe what I'm trying to convey.

my sentence is "Las letras de muchos canciones que él canta son sobre immigración, amor, drogas, revolución, guerra, gobermiento, y [living in the ghetto/ghettos]"

what word would fit in this blank?

and also, do I need articles before all of these nouns [las drogas, el amor, etc]?

ghetto is gueto

Muchas gracias, this cleared up the articles question and the term for ghettos!

If you check out the dictionary it seems to fit to me.

Indeed, the dictionary definition fits just fine for your sentence about Immortal Technique.

do I need articles before all of these nouns [las drogas, el amor, etc]?

You only need the article when you are saying "living in the ghettos"

another term you could possibly use to describe a ghetto would be tenements which translates to if I'm right "las casas de vecinidades. (correct me if I'm wrong please ) I think this would convey the same meaning without useing barrio or ghetto.