Like How would you say "it is 60 degrees Farenheit"? I forget if you use "a" or "de" or wat something else.

• You must use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, etc. on this site. There are people trying to learn English as well as Spanish. - MeEncantanCa May 29, 2010 flag
  • I like ouhow you made these corrections MeEncanta. I think it is very helpful to see what you did. - Nicole-B May 29, 2010 flag
  • Thanks Nicole. - MeEncantanCa May 29, 2010 flag
  • Fahrenheit with 2 "h"s - geofc May 29, 2010 flag

Estamos a sesenta grados. This construction is where the "a" comes in.

discussing temperature

¡Bienvenida al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

• Would you use this when it's 60 outside (the subject of the statement) but 72 indoors? - geofc May 29, 2010 flag
  • It translates as "it is...". I think that its use is similar to English. You use additional qualifiers to distinguish indoors/outdoors. Alone I would assume that it means outdoors. If your wish to refer to indoor temperature you would have to declare - 0074b507 May 30, 2010 flag
  • that context. - 0074b507 May 30, 2010 flag
  • Thanks for the link. It was very helpful to me. - kmeza May 30, 2010 flag

Son sesenta grados Fahrenheit.

You do not need "a" or "de".

This is pure curiosity and not linguistically oriented. How many Spanish speaking countries, if any, use the Fahrenheit scale?

• It's only a matter of time until that scale disappears. Let's hope that its use is not spreading. - 0074b507 May 30, 2010 flag
  • The same with the entire English system of weights and measurements. - 0074b507 May 30, 2010 flag
  • I can only hope that the U.S. converts to the metric system!! - --Mariana-- May 30, 2010 flag
  • Even the Amrican Gallon is not the same as an English Gallon - ian-hill Dec 19, 2010 flag

we can say in Spanish something like those sentences: -"Hace mucho calor hoy. ¿Cuántos grados hará?" -"Debe estar haciendo 15 grados" (15 degrees celcius = 59 degrees fahrenheit) where 'grados' means degrees celcius.

if we talk about a degrees of something, we can say: - "La temperatura del horno está a 200 grados" - "La temperatura de éste horno es de 200 grados" - "El Hierro se funde temperaturas mayores a 1259 °C" I hope it help you.