How do I say God bless you in spansh? | SpanishDict Answers

I want to know so bad.

• Please try to write grammatically Brezy. "badly" not "bad" - geofc May 22, 2010 flag

Dios te bendiga.

If this is for when someone sneezes, you should say ¡Salud!, meaning Health! if translated literally. Otherwise, for instance wishing good health, you should say Dios te bendiga.

"Dios te bendiga" is for informal situations (between friends, people you know very well, and children, for example).

"Dios le bendiga" is for more formal situations (people you see on the street, strangers, or elders at church, for example)

Que Dios te bendiga

Que Jesús nuestro Señor te bendiga. May our Lord Jesus bless you. Bendice estas comidas. Bless this food. Que Dios te bendiga. May God bless you.

Thnak you and God bless you! smile

When someone sneezes, you could say ¡Salud! (meaning Health!).

If that person sneezes twice, you could say "Dinero" the second time (meaning Money!).

If the person sneezes thrice, you could say "Amor! the third time (meaing Love!).

If the person sneezes more than thrice, he/she needs to see the Doctor! wink

PD: Just kidding, you could start again with "Salud!", then "Dinero" and then "Amor". I know people who sneez more than six times.

However, "God bless you!" (nor any simple translation of this), is not what one would normally say in Spanish. So is your question "How would I translate 'God bless you' ? literally (even if it makes no sense in Spanish) or "What would Spanish speakers say in a similar context?

In the former case, "¡Diós te bendiga! an odd thing to say in this context but since your intent is not to speak Spanish (but, rather to utter English sentences translated/rendered literally in Spanish), go for it!

As has already been pointed out, the typical response (in Spanish) would be "¡Salud!". Perhaps you feel that this is not sufficiently 'religious' or that Spaniards should speak a form of Spanish that corresponds more closely to what is said (can be easily translated into) in English.Spanish has been around (in a recognizable form) at least as long as English (longer, if one discounts Anglo-Saxon). Efforts to persuade them to adopt English idioms are unlikely to succeed.

• Did I miss something? I didn't think that Brezy09 said that the context was in response to someone sneezing. People say 'God bless you' in many contexts other than sneezing. - LKELLY Jun 25, 2010 flag