3

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any telenovelas (or other Spanish-language shows) that are available to watch by the episode on the Netflix instant play feature? I know they have Spanish-language movies, which you can find in the "foreign" genre, but they aren't really set up to allow browsing of different genres within the "foreign" genre itself...

Thanks!

4

Although my answer is years late I would like to let the Spanishdict community know that a very good telenovela is currently available in "Netflix" streaming feature ,titled "lo que la vida me robó".Is a typical soap opera of course ,but the dialog isn't difficult the actors speak clearly and well and you can easily follow the story without the need of subtitles,which nevertheless are available in both English and Spanish.

2

I'd like to know as well. A couple of the foreign movies I've tried to watch have turned out to be pretty close to soft-core porn and so I stopped bothering in the foreign section. (That's what I get for adding the instant queue over my Xbox and not being on the website to read the user reviews.)

• May 15, 2010
  • I am having that EXACT problem! I have found some in the Spanish-language section that are legit movies, but it's very hard to tell which ones are and aren't porn, because netflix writes plot descriptions for all of them as though they are regular movies! - aceydoubleyo May 15, 2010
2

Netflix does not have many telenovelas. I use DramaFever instead, their telenovelas are from all over Latin America and Spain, so you can pick whichever one matches your taste. They also subtitle all the episodes, which if you are learning like me, helps a lot.

• Mar 7, 2013
1

The only one i've found so far is "mas sabe el diablo". I haven't seen it, but it comes highly recommended.

• Oct 1, 2010
1

I don't know how good these are, but they're available on Netflix Streaming:

Velvet

Grand Hotel

Los Heroes del Norte

Los Caballeros Prefieren Brutas (might be in the soft-core porn category Luciento was talking about--don't know for sure, haven't watched it)

• May 12, 2015
  • | Edited by AnnRon May 13, 2015
  • AnnRon this is 7 years old ? - ray76 May 14, 2015
0

Another one that popped up on a list today: Las Aparicio.

• May 14, 2015
0

I don't know about Netflix but you should check out Cuéntame Como Pasó. It's a Spanish series that I learn new vocabulary from each episode.

• May 14, 2015