¿Cuál es? Todas son igual, pero estoy buscando la biblia con menos "intromisión". Por ejemplo, La Biblia de "King James Version" en inglés. Deseo que todos sepan lo que prengunto rolleyes

(english to clarify any confusion) all are the same thing, but i'm trying to look for the spanish bible with the least meddling in it (from the true Word).

Lo siento antemano para herir los sentimientos de alguien!! Sólo tengo curiosidad por saber raspberry (¿Cómo es mi español?)

Ken, La versión Reina-Valera Antigua es mas antigua, casi del mismo siglo del King James, creo. Entonces tiene español muy antiguo tambien. Tambien hay variaciónes de esa (R-V 1960, R-V 1995) con lenguaje mas moderno, pero siempre con referencia a los textos originales en el griego y latin.

No sé si hay tal cosa. Todas las versiones están traducidas muchas veces y por eso es muy dificil estar completamente seguro de todo. Hay un refrán Italiano que dice algo como 'traductor = traidor' y eso sin querer. I don't know if there is any such thing. All the versions have been translated many times and because of that it is so very dificult to be completely sure. There is an old saying in Italian which says that to say 'translator' is to say 'traitor' and it's not that they do it deliberately.

• I agree wholeheartedly. There are many reasons to prefer one version over another. Me, I prefer "La Biblia Latinoamericana", because it uses plainer language. But **all** Bibles are interpretations and the result of multiple translations. - Gekkosan May 14, 2010 flag
  • The "True Word", withouth wanting to get into a theological argument, was for thousands of years an oral tradition, before people starting writing, in several ancient languages. - Gekkosan May 14, 2010 flag
  • Gekkosan, I respectfully disagree. Most modern Bible translations are directly from the original languages - Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. They are not "interpretations and the result of multiple translations." - Goyo May 14, 2010 flag

I like the Nuevo Version Internationales (NVI). I purchased it a few months ago, and I like the way it reads. I have read the english translation (NVI) a few times. We use the NVI in Bible study at church.

Opinar sobre ello es cuestión de apreciación personal, a menos que alguien sea lingüista y conozca a fondo los idiomas originales y los haya leído directamente sin traducción.

Hi Kenwoo,

I understand the die-hard King James people prefer the Reina-Valera 1960 version of the Bible.

There is also a 1995 version of the Reina-Valera, which is the one commonly sold today.

If you're like me and think the New American Standard version is the most accurate English translation, then La Biblia de Las Americas is the NASB equivalent. (Holman does a parallel version of this which I have, it's great.

If you're an NIV guy, the Nueva Versión Internacionál is the equivalent. There is also an NIV/NVI parallel available.

I'd suggest you check out the text of all of them at BibleGateway.com

• I've done a little more research. The real died-in-the-woll KJV-only people have problems with the RV 1960 and insist on the RV Antigua. That's just silly. - Goyo May 15, 2010 flag

I have the 'Traducción del Nuevo Mundo de las Santas Escrituras' which I like especially because it uses much more modern, understandable language than many others and also more importantly for me it has restored the divine name.

Many other translations have it in only one or two verses and usually have a note in the preface or in a footnote that they have substituted the divine name (Yahweh - in Hebrew) for Señor. I feel that if it appeared some 7000 times in the original language texts then it was there for a reason, for us to get to know God personally and it's a real privilege that He made his name known to us.

I do have an '8 translation in 1' copy of the Bible in English which I often refer to and as has been mentioned above you can certainly get the truth of God's word from any translation.

One point I would make when choosing though is that although some paraphrased versions may seem easier to read I do feel that something must get lost in such a loose translation and there is more room for translator input - so the person's beliefs and background may have a bearing. Whereas a word for word translation limits the possibility of losing the original meaning.

Just my two pennies anyway - the main thing is to read it smile

I translate the sermons for hispanics at our church, and found a Bilingual Bible that has language that is more like hispanics would speak day to day. It took me a long time to find it. I purchased it at Amazon.com, and have had many requests from the hispanics at our church for these Bibles. You might want to look into it. It is called Biblia Bilingue Dios Habla Hoy by Sociedades Biblicas Unidas. It has Spanish in the left column, and English on the right column of each page.

Traduzco los sermones para hispanos en nuestra Iglesia, y encontré una Biblia bilingue que tiene un lenguaje que es más parecido al lenguaje que usamos día a día. Me tomó bastante tiempo encontrarla. La compré en Amazon.com, y he recibido muchas solicitudes de los hispanos en nuestra Iglesia por esta Biblia.Puede que quiras chequearla. Se llama Biblia Bilingue Dios Habla Hoy por las Sociedades Bíblicas Unidas. Tiene español en la columna izquierda de cada página, e inglés en el la columna derecha.

• That sounds gr8, thanx for sharing :) - Kiwi-Girl Aug 15, 2010 flag

Gracias por las repuestas. Mucho ayuda a mi.

Reina-Valera 1960 es mi sugerencia.

Mi sugerencia: La Traducción del Nuevo Mundo de las Santas Escrituras. Utiliza lenguaje moderno, fácil de entender, y se basa en los escritos más antíguos que ahora existen de los lenguajes originales de las escrituras, a saber: el hebreo, el arameo, y el griego.

Hay muchas traduciones de la Santa Biblia pero por todas, casi sin excepción, el mensaje sigue siendo el mismo. Algunas Biblias traducen palabra por palabra mientras que las otras traducen el concepto. He aprendido este hecho por mi Pastor y he observado también que este es verdad por media de mi experiencia como un Cristiano. (veinte tres años)

Las traduciónes palabra por palabra incluyen:

KJV - King James Version = Versión de Jacobo NKJV - New King James Version = Nuevo Rey Jaime (Versión ) NASB - New American Standard Version = la Versíon Estándar Americano Nueva

Al final del día hay que depender de la orientación del Espíritu Santo porque él es el Divino Autor de la palabra de Dios en lugar del cualquier traducción particular. El Espíritu Santo puede guiar una persona que quiere entender más de el Verdadero Carácter de Dios. ¡ Sólo el Espiritu Santo puede compensar cualquier debilidaden la traducción... si hay alguna!

There are many translations of the Holy Bible but almost without exception the message remains the same throughout all of them. Some Bibles translate Word for Word while others translate the concept. I have learnt this fact through my Pastor and I have also observed that this is true through my experience as a Christian. (twenty three years) At the end of the day you need to depend on the Holy Spirit - because he is the Divine Author of God's Word - instead of anyparticular translation. The Holy Spirit can guide a person who wants to understand more about the true character of God Only the Holy Spirit can compensate for any weaknesses in the translatiions if there are any/if they exist!

The Word by Word translations include:

King James version New King James version New American standard version

The translations (and paraphrases) of the bible that translate by concept include:

The Message The Living Bible

This is not intended as an exhaustive list/guide ... just a starting point

Apart from the often-quoted use of "witch" in the King James Bible for a word known to mean "poisoner", I reckon that most versions are as good as people believe they are. Why do people believe in one rather than another? chiefly because they were brought up to use one specific version or because their personal beliefs seem to be best suited by one rather than another.

It should also be remembered that many versions are "revisions", mostly simple linguistic updates to the target language, of earlier versions in the same language rather than serious attempts to use better information than was available when the earlier version was produced.

I have a certain, almost sentimental, leaning to the Knox version which was, at least, a translation with an identifiable, relatively early, starting point rather than a rehash of an earlier English Bible. He translated the 5th century "vulgate" bible of St Jerome which was itself an exercise in bringing together and translating afresh a large number of separate earlier Latin texts.

As for Spanish Bibles, I'm sorry to say that I don't have a clue but I don't doubt that the same pattern exists.

Since we are on this topic, I just wanted to add an additional observation that I have made concerning Spanish Bibles.

I happen to have the Reina-Valera 1960 version. This is not for any particular reason except that I have also been reading through the New King James recently in English and wanted to be able to compare them side by side.

My routine is to read a few chapters in English, immediately followed by the same chapters in Spanish. I have noticed that being able to read the Bible in Spanish has helped me to understand and see many new truths that I had not noticed before. I think Spanish words are a bit more descriptive than their English counterparts, which may be the reason for this.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Yes, I have found some things when reading the Spanish version and said, "Hey wait a minute!"- after finding something very surprising. Quite often I have found some really great things that way and it has turned out the Spanish was "better". - Goyo May 15, 2010 flag
  • Not that any major doctrines were affected, but some little insight on a passage that gave me a "wow." - Goyo May 15, 2010 flag

God spoke and created all we see; and also has created all the invisible that we're not able to see.

This is the God we believe in. A God Who can do beyond we can imagine.

Therefore, this same God is Powerful to write a book, the Bible, and preserve it throughout time for us and is able to bring or guide anyone He determines to the knowledge and understanding of Who He is through the original languages of Hebrew and Greek, just as well as through any language in the world and through any orthodox version in that language.

Jesus said that the gospel will be preached throughout the world and then the end will come. In Habakuk we read that the glory of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the seas. Before the third day of creation, the earth was completely covered with water. Today, the earth is about 70% water, similar to our bodies' water composition.

Is Jesus saying that once 70% of the nations in our world hear the gospel that the end will come? I mean the end for the unbelievers that live in darkness and to whom the return of Jesus will be as a thief in the night, but the best is yet to come for the true believers, for the children of light, who watch, pray and yearn for His return that will not be a surprise nor overtake us as a thief in the night (1 Thesalonians 5:4.)

What about the parable of the fig tree and what can we learn from it about the return of Jesus? Many of us believe that the nation of Israel is represented as the fig tree in the Bible. In Psalms 90 we read about the latest approximation of the length of a generation in years according to God: 70 to 80 years. Israel became a nation again on May 14, 1948 and had not been a nation since AD 70, for about 1,878 years! I believe Jesús is coming back before the year 2,018, some are saying May 21, 2,011. Do a search about this date in any of the internet's search engines such as www.info.com to learn more about May 21, 2,011.

Dios habló y creó todo lo que vemos; tambien ha creado todo lo invisible que no podemos ver.

Este es el Dios en quien creemos. Este Dios puede hacer mas alla de lo que podemos imaginar.

Por eso, este mismo Dios es Todopoderoso para escribir la Biblia y preservarla por todos los tiempos para nosotros y es capaz de llevar o guiar a cualquiera que El determine al conocimiento y entendimiento de quien El es por medio de los lenguages originales de Hebreo y Griego, de la misma manera que por medio de cualquier otro lenguage en el mundo y por medio de cualquier version ortodoxa en ese lenguage.

Jesús nos dice que el evangelio será predicado por todo el mundo y entonces vendrá el fin. En Habacuc leemos que la gloria del Señor cubrirá la tierra como las aguas cubren el mar. Antes del tercer día de la creacion, la tierra era totalmente cubierta de agua. Hoy día la tierra es aproximadamente 70% agua, similar a la composicion de agua de nuestros cuerpos.

¿Está Jesús diciendonos que el fin vendrá cuando el 70% de las naciones oigan el evangelio? El fin para los incredulos que viven en las tinieblas y para quienes el regreso de Jesús será como un ladrón en la noche, pero lo mejor esta por venir para los verdaderos creyentes, para los hijos de la luz, quienes velamos, oramos y deseamos Su regreso que no nos sorprenderá como ladrón en la noche (1 Tesalonicenses 5:4.)

¿Que podemos aprender de la parabola de la higuera acerca del regreso de Jesús? Muchos creemos que la higuera es representante de la nación de Israel en la Biblia. En Salmos 90 leemos de la mas reciente aproximación en años de una generacion de acuerdo a Dios: de 70 a 80 años. ¡Israel vino a ser nación de nuevo en Mayo 14, 1948 y no habia sido nación desde AD 70, por casi 1,878 años! Yo creo que Jesús regresará antes del año 2,018, algunos estan diciendo Mayo 21, 2,011. Realiza una busqueda acerca de esta fecha en cualquier motor de busqueda del internet como www.info.com para aprender mas acerca de Mayo 21, 2,011.

Until joining SpanishDict a little over a month ago, my Spanish has been entirely self-taught, and one of my main "support materials" (in more ways than one) has been the NIV/NVI translation. I know that the intent of the questioner was to find the best "word for word" rather than "thought for thought" translation, but even though NIV is "thought for thought" it is very, very good. What makes it especailly good for Spanish/English study is that the translation between the two is absolutely fabulous, and the language and grammar skills you learn translate to language that is still commonly used today in both countries, which is not as true with the more antiquated versions. For Bible study I use RSV, but for reading/learning NIV, for me, is the way to go.