What does "sigueme" mean? On the "i" it as the ` over it that is like the dot.

It means "follow me", from the verb "seguir" - to follow

It's the impertavie form of the verb seguir , it is tú sigue which means Follow! and if you want to say Follow me! it's Sigueme! and it's informal.. If you want to say formal it will be Sigame (usted) ! smile

Marianne said

I beleive that "Sígueme" is the informal command and that "Sígame" is the formal command.

As usual, Marianne is correct, except when spelling the word "believe", hehe.

Never seen "sigueme" = "follow me" which would be the non-imperative version (hence rarely/never used). What you used to see on almost every airport were vehicles with a sign at the back that said "sigame" (the imperative) which directed aircraft to where they belonged. Mostly this is now all automated etc.

Btw - in classical Rome, the prostitutes had the equivalent carved in reverse on the bottoms of their sandals.

Geof said:

Never seen "sigueme"

• Like I wrote Marianne. Tch! tch! - geofc May 12, 2010 flag
  • You said "non-imperative version," but I think it is an imperative tu command. - --Mariana-- May 12, 2010 flag