I love you with all my hypothalamus, specifically my limbic system? | SpanishDict Answers

hope you can answer this

Te amo con todo mi hipotálamo, y en particular con mi sistema límbico.

Said as a true and hopeless romanctic. cheese

Eso sí, espero que no me correspondas sólo con tus gónadas y tu sistema parasimpático. raspberry

I hope, however that you don't reciprocate just with your gonads and your parasympathetic system. raspberry

I am not sure what your question is, but has the old romantic heart gone out of style? smile

• Not "out of style" so much as "out of accuracy" ;) - MacFadden May 6, 2010 flag

The hypothalamus is a portion of the brain that contains a number of small nuclei with a variety of functions. One of the most important functions of the hypothalamus is to link the nervous system to the endocrine system via the pituitary gland (hypophysis).

and

The limbic system (or Paleomammalian brain) is a set of brain structures including the hippocampus, amygdala, anterior thalamic nuclei, and limbic cortex, which support a variety of functions including emotion, behavior, long term memory, and olfaction.

Sounds pretty visceral. The hypothalamus is sophisticated in a feedback loop kind of way and the limbic system is involved with the more primitive survival emotions.You must be involved with someone taking neuroanatomy.

• Jejeje..thanks docor :-) This was completely lost on most of us. - --Mariana-- May 6, 2010 flag
  • Regardless, it still *sounds* disturbing--I prefer to think of my frontal lobe as being more involved in my relationships than your original statement seems to imply. :-) - Maureen-Earl May 6, 2010 flag
  • my statement is only a reflection on the original poster's - nizhoni1 May 6, 2010 flag

In Spanish, it's el hipotálamo for hypothalamus, and the limbic system is el sistema límbico. So the whole sentence would be "Te quiero con todo el hipotálamo, percisamente el sistema límbico".

Pues a mi, no me parece tan romantico.....

A mí me parece súper romantico...

=D the hypothalamus secretes enzymes that sends signals through our body so that we feel the emotions when we do "fall in love". so really the phrase i love you with all my heart is inaccurate.... its, i love you with all my hypothalamus.