I am just starting to brush up on my Spanish skills and would like to be able to communicate that I know some Spanish but only a little bit. I would guess: "Sé un poco de español" ... is that right?

Your phrase works. So does, "Hablo un poquito de español" - I speak a little bit of Spanish.

"I know a little bit of Spanish." = "Sé un poco de español."

"I only know a little bit of Spanish." = "Solo sé un poco de español."

"I know little Spanish" = "Sé poco español".

No más sé un poquito en Español.

"I only know a little bit in Spanish". That should be "de" (of) not "en" (in).

grin

Sabo un poquito español.

There is no such word as "sabo" in Spanish. It should be "sé".

"saber" is actually a verb that is conjugated irregularly in the "yo" form; the "yo" form of "saber" is "sé." (I think "sabo" actually means "I taste.")

"Sabo" and "sepo" are two 'words' that every native mistakenly says instead of "sé" at least once when they're kids. It's cute (but wrong) LOL.

Sabo un poquito español.

• "saber" is actually a verb that is conjugated irregularly in the "yo" form; the "yo" form of "saber" is "sé." (I think "sabo" actually means "I taste.") - Maureen-Earl May 5, 2010 flag

No mas se un poquito en Espanol.

What you have ("Sé un poco de español") looks good to me.

Sé un poquito de español. I know a littel bit of spanish. Sé-> I know un poquito-> a little de-> of español-> spanish