What's a weedeater called? | SpanishDict Answers

Of course "weedeater" is a proprietary name so maybe I should call it a "string trimmer" or the Brit version, a "strimmer" but what would you call it?

I could also look at the box that the last one came in but I don't really trust B & D to use the right word. Anyway I'm upstairs and the box is down in the garage.

I found desmalezadora .

"String Trimmer", it is also known as a Strimmer, string trimmer, line trimmer, Weedeater (a brandname), Weedwhacker (a brandname) or weed wacker, Weed Whip, weedy, whipper snipper (in most parts of Australia), garden strimmer, grass trimmer, or Trimmer.

• Please read the question princess. What's it called in Spanish? - geofc May 13, 2010 flag

Here is a link to a previous thread that may answer you question. Hope it helps

weed whacker

"Weedeater"- I'm not kidding. At least that's what it's called here in California. My workers don't know any other name for it in Spanish.

• Hi Kevin - what I distill out of the link above is "desbrozadora" maybe you should tell your guys that's what it's called. jeje - geofc May 3, 2010 flag
  • Es tan difícil enseñarles estas cosas. Insisten en parqueando sus carros y comiendo el lonche. ;-) - KevinB May 3, 2010 flag