what is the spanish word for asparagus | SpanishDict Answers

I was trying to find the correct word for asparagus and I can't find it anywhere? Any help? Thanks.

Espárragos or Los Espárragos to point out it's masculine

If you have trouble finding words be sure to check out the dictionary on this site, it is at the top of the page where it says "Enter a Spanish or English word." It is very helpful and that is where I got the information below:

To answer the question: The translation for asparagus is esparraguera when referring to the plant, and los espárragos for the vegetable . Hope that helps!

I always bought it as "esparrago" with an accent on the first a. (I'm too lazy to go hunting for special characters.) This also agrees with the dual language labelling on the Mexican asparagus that we buy here in Texas.