I'm a big Santana fan and a spanish language learner as well. What is the correct translation for "Corazon Espinado". thorned heart? stabbed heart? broken heart? Espina seems to translate to Spine. Please advise. Thanks.

Corazón Espinado:........hmmmmm.......I think it means heart pricked with thorns...so thorned heart. Hope this helps!!! LOL

If you would like to see a translation of all the lyrics, have a look at this URL ----> Corazon Espinado/Pricked Heart.

• That's pretty good. I just wonder though if since there is no literal translation to "espina do" maybe that is why that word was chosen. Meaning that the pain is so great that it cannot be translated with words - yermam May 1, 2016 flag

I believe it means an ache in the heart, as in the saying he or she is a thorn in the foot.

Heart with thorns.

Have you ever seen the Catholic (principally) image of a heart with Jesus's crown of thorns surrounding it? This is what it's all about but as for a translation, there I falter. The most common title for such an image would be "the Sacred Heart" but this obviously means more than simply the physical device of a heart crowned wit thorns.

• I'm glad you mentioned this. When I saw the earlier answers, it was the image of the Sacred Heart that came to my mind, but I thought it was strange for me to think so. :-) - Rikko Apr 14, 2010 flag

I wonder if, since there is no literal translation to "espina do" maybe that is why that word was chosen. Meaning that the pain is so great that it cannot be translated with words -

• "Espinado" is the participle of "espinar." So there is a literal transalation. "Espinar" = "to pierce" and "espinado" = "pierced." - Winkfish May 1, 2016 flag

That's one of my favorite songs, and I looked into this some time ago. "Pierced heart" is the translation that makes the most sense and sounds the best to me.

Just an afterthought: It's very much like the phrase in English "broken heart."