How do you say tank top in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

How do you say tanktop or cami in spainish Spanish? Like what you wear under a blouse.

• Hello Mherriman, welcome to the Forum! I have edited your title and post for spelling and capitalization. As a learning site, both are considered important here. - Gekkosan Apr 12, 2010 flag

Well, in where I was in Mexico it'd be camiseta, (since t-shirts are called playeras there.)

Outside of Mexico, I don't know.

Welcome to the forum mh... I'm not sure this would be correct, in fact I doubt it but I'm as curious as you so I'm going to watch this question. Anyway T-shirt is camiseta. Stick around I have a feeling this one will get a lot of response.

I call it camiseta. However, I have heard some other people who call it tubo (for me it is a strapless shirt).

Hola,

Camisa sisa...

Hope this helps.

In Spain, it's tirantes (if I'm remembering correctly...)

• I think tirantes are suspenders. - fi123 May 6, 2010 flag

wait I'm not sure if thats right...."camisa sin mangas" would definitely work.

you would actually pronounce tank top as tanque superior in the normal spanish language

I would translate it into camiseta de tirantes!