How do I say "cool" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

How do I say "cool" in Spanish? Not cool as in cold, but cool as in "That car is so cool!"

• hi, correct spelling is mandatory on this site! - 00494d19 Mar 22, 2010 flag
  • Cool in spanish = Guay, genial, chachi :) - cocowiwi Oct 29, 2013 flag

This question has come up before. Check out this thread.

In Argentina:

Qué bueno!! Qué buen auto!!

Buenísimo!! Cool!!

Qué copado!! How cool!!

Genial!! or Qué genial!!

In Mexico you might say: "Ese carro está bien padre." or "Ese carro está bien chido" -It's been my observation that "chido" is more street slang than "padre" which is still slang but a bit more average.

Calvo's link is great.

In México "¡Que chido!

Well cool in the spanish dictionary (i.e. for being hip, trendy, and laid back) means: "onda."

So: She's really cool. = Está muy en la onda.

• "onda" is from Mexico too. - --Mariana-- Mar 21, 2010 flag
  • I think cool is more general, "en la onda" is something like "that has a good wave" - ismarodri_uy Mar 22, 2010 flag

Ole means yay. it's close enough to cool.

If further research desired. At the top of the page there's a more heading and in it I found there's a phrasebook section it might be in there.

It appears that "cool" is said in a different way depending on where you are. Does anyone know how it is expressed in Spain?

In all countries:

Qué bueno!!

Genial!!

Buenísimo!!

"that car is so cool"

"qué bueno está ese auto!"

In Argentina:

"ese auto está rebueno!"

Ismarodri, please do not use swear words on this site.

In Spain, Rikko,

Esto es guay, fenomenal, genial, grande.

Esto mola mucho,.

Esto es una pasada!

• Muchas gracias, Heidita! - Rikko Mar 22, 2010 flag

En Chile.. (In Chile ...)

Para los que pertenecemos a la generación los ochentas y noventas: ¡Que choro! (For the people that belong to the 80's and 90's generation we say: ¡Que choro!)

En cuanto a la generación del 2000, acostumbramos a decir. Bacán, BKN, Bakan (According to the 2000 generation, they say: Bacán, BKN, Bakan)

"Está la raja" se usa bastante. grin ("Está la raja" is also used bery much. grin )

Saludos a todos. (Cheers to all.)

• Bienvenido, que chori que hayas aportado con algo. ;) - chileno Jun 28, 2013 flag

I've heard fresco but I think that might mean cool as in fresh.

Chido, Cheverre. raspberry

Que chido! Ese carro esta bien machín!

How to say "cool" in Spanish. That's simple. What's your name? Use that to say cool. smile