What does le gusta/le gustan mean??? | SpanishDict Answers

I know it means likes and dislikes but why is it in starting with le? what does that mean?

le is an indirect object pronoun (him/her) used in these intransitive sentences.

A ella le gusta ...she likes

A él le gusta...he likes

Gustar like verbs

Notice that the subject of the sentence (what is liked) commonly follows the verb.

A ella le gustan manzanas. (She likes apples).

To our English eyes, this literally, reads:

To her apples are pleasing. It translates as She likes apples.

• I am still confused. We had to make a mask for some Carnacval thing in mexico. The mask is suppsed to have the follwoing presented in the oral presentation introcuction personalidad le gusta/le gustan verbos conjugados. There are supposed to be 6 statemen - paperheart93 Mar 12, 2010 flag
  • Start another thread if you need help with the 6 statements or PM me. - 0074b507 Mar 13, 2010 flag

'gustar' literally means 'to be pleasing to', so 'I like the car ' translates to 'the car pleasing to me', hence 'me gusta el coche' :D

look here: link text

le gusta=he/she likes it (or something singular) le gustan=he/she likes them (or something plural)