What does "narizon/narizona" mean? | SpanishDict Answers

Seems to be a nickname / term of endearment.

It is a person that has a large nose.

It could be a term of endearment, depending on how you use it. But, why bring attention to people less desired characteristics.

Hola narizón - Hello big nose- does not sound too nice to me.It might be because my nose is not a hollywood masterpiece rather it looks like .........well just let me say that Pinochio has nothing on me,as far as noses are concern. The following sentence might show affection, although it does not translates into English well .A wife talking about her husband - "Mi narizón, me hace el desayuno todo los Domingos".Translation, My big nosed husband prepares my breakfast every Sunday. I ca'nt see a english speaking wife talking about her husband in that way. However in the latin america culture sometimes sentences like the above are heard.I know a Mexican man that calls her wife, shorty- chaparra- and the wife in turn calls him my little fat one mi gordito. This couple has been married for about 27 years' they seem happy together.

Notice that the last o in narizón is accented.

• Thankyou for the explanation ... I guess it depends on how you say it :P - Robert-Growd Mar 11, 2010 flag
  • This is a good explanation, and one that highlights a very important cultural difference between the US's ultra-PC carefulness, and the much more flexible approach most Latinos have to teasing and terms of endearment. - Gekkosan Mar 11, 2010 flag

Big nose, according to one translator - although my dictionary tells me that would be narigón/narigona or narigudo/a.